Original topic:

Dual WhatsApp and Gallery

(Topic created on: 07-22-2021 07:53 AM)
PatelH
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
I use Dual WhatsApp on my phone and for some reason the WhatsApp photos and videos folder for the dual WhatsApp has vanished. I am unable to see pictures in the gallery. I can access them in the Dual WhatsApp app, but not in the Gallery app.
Anyone else facing this issue and got it resolved?
19 Comments
Sky1611
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi, did we get any solution for this issue I am not able to view downloaded files or images or able to share any files or imags due to it. Also the dual app folder is missing from internal storage
0 Likes
PatelH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Exactly. I am facing the same issue and no solution to this yet. I believe this is a Samsung issue and not a WhatsApp issue.
0 Likes
Sky1611
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Yeah, now I need to forward any imp file or pic ro my original whatsapp and use it. But still to send a file its a big problem
0 Likes
PatelH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm doing the same @Sky1611
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please check the below steps and report us back with the results.

1. The Gallery app can now automatically group together similar images to help keep your images organized, this may hide some images until you tap the group. Tap the grouping icon next to search to disable grouping.

2. From Gallery, tap More options (the three vertical dots) and then tap Hide or unhide albums. Tap the switches next to any hidden albums to make them appear.

3. Navigate and open My Files. You may need to open the Samsung folder to find My Files. Tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Settings.

Tap the switch next to Show hidden system files, and then tap Back to return to the file list. Hidden files will now appear.

4. Pictures downloaded from some apps may not appear in Gallery. However, sometimes downloaded images will appear in the Download folder but not in the main Picture tab or in other folders, like Camera. Tap Albums, and then tap Downloads to see if the images are there.

5. Next, you can check the Trash in both My Files and the Gallery app.

• My Files: Navigate to and open My Files, then tap More options (the three vertical dots), and then tap Trash. Navigate to and touch and hold the missing file. Then, tap Restore.
  • Gallery: Navigate to and open the Gallery app, then tap the menu on the lower right, then Trash. To restore an image, tap Edit, and then select your image, or a group of images. Tap Restore and the images will be removed from the trash.
0 Likes
5Abh
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Nothing works #Samsung its a android 11 system bugg you guys need to resolve it with system update. It happened to every android 11 users. I tried each and everything but no solution here or on YouTube. I don't know what samsung is doing about this problem we are facing this from at least 2 3 months. This happened after early june 2021 system update. This is so hot topic on YouTube. Is samsung sleeping? We need solution do it. Otherwise we need to shift the company. @Samsung
0 Likes
PatelH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
@georgine, I tried all these things. Nothing seems to work. Cannot access any of my media from Dual WhatsApp!!
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please confirm if you have tried backup and reset.

0 Likes
PatelH
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hello. I have tried the backup and reset as well. The folder comes for a few minutes and vanishes again. Is there any way to escalate it since so many of us are experiencing the same issues?
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, The issue caused in Dual WhatsApp as it upgraded its version recently and changed the file path where all media files are to be saved. Due to this change, Dual Messanger didn't sync media saved at the new path and so is causing the problem.

So, we request you to contact WhatsApp support for further assistance.

0 Likes