Original topic:

Extend OS and security updates for S10 series

(Topic created on: 02-14-2022 01:24 PM)
afroman
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Samsung needs to extend their new OS and more importantly security updates to their S10 series phones. Why do you ask? Because the S10 series mark the point when Samsung's MSP jumped to very comparable prices as Apple phones. It was game changer. 

Now since then Samsung has extended their end of support coverage however to 4 years for the S22 series and other devices. Any changes is service should consider the S10 series devices given its significance.

Does anyone else agree or have any other points to add?
#GalaxyS10 #support #security
7 Comments
SAFOR3V3R
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I agree 1000 percent on that. I have the S10 plus. The S10 series is still very capable on getting more OS and security updates. I'm keeping mine for at least another 2 years. Last S series phone that had the most jam packed features
Galaxy S
I don't agree. I have a Note8 and I only got 2 years OS updates. If you want 4 years OS updates, go buy a S21 or later. I am interested in upgrading to a Z Fold 4 later this year for myself and knowing that I'll get 4 years OS updates.
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S

I have a S10 and agree it could handle the updates as you say but it was not sold and you did not pay for this nor did I so you are dreaming that they would ever do it. 

afroman
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I could understand if I were paying what I paid (taking into account inflation, etc.) for a Samsung phone 6-7 years ago but when Samsung started pricing their phones in the same price point as Apple well that's when I raised an eyebrow. 🤔
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Unfortunately you are probably right. 

It's definitely not a hardware limitation. I've got some old Samsung phones, like Note 3 & Note 4 running Android 10 without skipping a beat.

Samsung just wants to keep selling people new phones, while removing features & functions.. 

JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
They should reconsider their policy especially these days where people don't have money to fill gas in their cars to go to work
JohnnyK
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Completely agree, my S10 Plus is way more powerful than any mid-range Samsung phones which will get Android 13. S10 Plus is more powerful than the A series and M series devices that will receive Android 13.
Even it is powerful more than Pixel 4, pixel 5 phones which will get Android 13 as well