Original topic:

Extra brightness, option to use the full 1750 nit brightness on S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 02-02-2023 06:47 AM)
Samsung_Samuel
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
The other day, I was using Extra Brightness on my S22 Ultra and I noticed that it doesn't let you use the full 1750 nits of brightness on demand rather than having to use adaptive brightness to trigger it.

I personally think that there should be a slider like with the extra dim option that can go up to the full brightness or a toggle to switch between normal extra brightness and max brightness.

0 Likes
2 Comments
Galaxy S

Hey there,

The full 1750nits of Brightness can only be sustained for a short period of time - this is probably why Samsung has kept this to Adaptive Brightness for those quick 10-20 seconds of max brightness.

Main reason for this is because the amount of heat it'll generate when using so much power from the battery and the screen itself will emit extra heat.
All this together will get too hot for general use and reserved for short bursts of brightness when needed.

This peak brightness is also for HDR content since HDR requires a pretty bright panel. Again, peak brightness for HDR is generally displayed in short bursts of time as well. 

This is the same for pretty much any phones and tablets in the market - a lot will advertise Max Peak Brightness and will only output 1/3 of the brightness for 90% of the users daily usage.

I hope this clears things up.

Galaxy S
Thanks
0 Likes