Original topic:

Facebook messenger doesn't work with the "Smart Pop-up View"

(Topic created on: 12-25-2020 01:07 PM)
alfuture
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Upgraded to One UI 3 on my S20 Ultra. Facebook messenger doesn't work with the "smart pop-up view". There's an option to turn it on but it doesn't do anything. When a new message comes in, it only shows the notification on the top bar, with no messenger chat head appears.

Did I miss something? 
16 Comments
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Same thing happened to me .
I've factory reset and that made no difference.
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hey alfuture,
If you are facing an issue with the Galaxy device, reboot the device once and check if it works.
Please perform the clear cache and clear data of the issue. Clearing the app cache is kind of like a cleanse for your apps. It will get rid of residual files that could be slowing down the app.
From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear cache.
Important: Clearing the data will reset the app to factory default settings. Any personal settings saved on the app will be removed.

Please be aware this will completely reset the app. Make sure you have any accounts or usernames written down so you can log back in after the app resets.

From Settings, swipe to and tap Apps. Select the app you want to clear. Tap Storage, tap Clear data, and then tap OK. This will completely wipe the app and reset it to the original settings.

Then check for the app updates on the Play Store or Galaxy store and make sure that the app is updated to the latest version.

0 Likes
alfuture
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
No it doesn't help at all
Jakerich
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
you need to go into the app itself and enable chat heads and further explore your notification settings, Facebook itself has the ability to show you a pop up so there should be no need for you to add it to smart pop up 😉
0 Likes
alfuture
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
no, the latest messenger version doesn't have the chat head option anymore..🙁
0 Likes
Jakerich
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
if you go to your messenger click on your profile pic it is right there in your preferences
0 Likes
alfuture
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
you can see, the only option here is "Bubbles", but it doesn't do anything with Smart Pop-up View, no matter how I set up

Screenshot_20201225-233615_Messenger_13801.jpg

Jakerich
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
the icon is the same so what is the difference between the action it provides? hmm now im curious, ill check back later on 🧐

Screenshot_20201226-024433_Messenger.jpg

0 Likes
alfuture
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I dunno, there's no switch on/ off for that icon like your screenshot..☹
0 Likes