Did you mean: 

Original topic:

factory data reset

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 03:08 AM)
somun
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

Hi!! I just want to ask, If I factory data reset my s20fe, will i still be getting future software updates? Because my previous phone did not get OS updates anymore and its OS restarted back to what it was when i bought it. Thanks for the help!

8 Comments
Unknoẅn_useř
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yes, you will still receive software updates even if you perform factory data reset. I already reset my Galaxy A52 and I still receive software updates.
somun
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank uu!! hihi I appreciate it. Thanks for the help 😄
Galaxy S
Factory data reset does not reset nor downgrade android OS to its previous versions. It wipes user's data but not the system itself.
So if out of the box it runs android 10 OS and was updated to android 11, even after a factory reset the phone will still remain android 11 and won't reset back to android 10.

your previous phone might be already 3-4 years old from its date of release, that's why it's not receiving OS updates anymore.

Also OS updates support varies per mobile brand.
Samsung gives 3 years of major OS updates and 4 years of security updates.
somun
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank uuu!!! this helped a lot. I appreciate it
0 Likes
tpxoxo13
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Opo! Mag-uupdate pa dim po yan kahit ireset ngo po. Basta laging may data or wifi para makapag-update po ang cellphone. Sana nakatulong.
somun
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
yes po, nakatulong hehe. ngayon makakapag data reset nako nang walang pangangamba sa OS updates. Thank u po!!
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yes it will
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hi! I'm Sam, your friendly Samsung Customer Service guy. Welcome to Samsung Members Community! Explore your new hub for all things Samsung and beyond. Earn the coolest badges and enjoy awesome perks from us by connecting with Samsung experts, super-fans, and other Community members for tips on features and how to get the most out of your Samsung product. Should you need technical assistance, don't hesitate to reach us via our TOLL-FREE mobile number #GALAXY (#425299) or via our TOLL-FREE LANDLINE: PLDT Toll-free: 1-800-10-726-7864 Globe Toll-Free: 1-800-8-726-7864 Standard Landline : (02)8-422-2111 Daily (8:00 AM to 8:00 PM).

As for your concern and as per the comments of your fellow members here, factory data reset won't downgrade your device's software nor stop receiving any OS upgrades. Hope that your concern was resolved. Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. Stay safe! Have an awesome week ahead! 😊

0 Likes