Original topic:

Fan Edition eSIM support

(Topic created on: 05-14-2022 03:04 PM)
smartyparty
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Where is eSIM / Dual SIM support for the Fan Edition phones? There's been countless posts about it on this forum and on Reddit, it's about time we get an answer from Samsung themselves instead of having to scavenge for information online.

The new S21 Fan Edition is launching at $600 without it, meanwhile the iPhone SE, the Pixel 5a and Pixel 6a, which all cost less than $500, come out of the box with eSIM enabled. 

The Snapdragon 888 platform has eSIM support built-in. Other Snapdragon phones already have eSIM enabled. the S20/S21 non-FE now have eSIM support.

Give us a date for the Fan Edition. What is holding you back? Communicate with your customers!

0 Likes
3 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Some of your facts are not correct. There's no eSIM support on my S20 Ultra One UI V4.1. 

From what I've seen, there's no eSIM support in the US either for these devices. Not sure about the FE models, but there's absolutely no difference in the US & Canadian device's hardware since the Galaxy S7. 

Whatever will run on the US model, will run on the Canadian device. 

Samsung's Moderators are only able to say what they are told to say. 

0 Likes
freewill_neo
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Samsung indirectly asks us to go to Apple. Simple. I'm waiting with S20FE for 2 years to have esim enabled. The least Samsung could do is say they will not provide esim and make it easy for us to switch
0 Likes
eSIMRocks
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I bought the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE after samsung.com chat told me it supported eSIM. Now I am stuck with it. The only reason I bought it was for the eSIM, otherwise I could have cheaped out and bout something from the A range of phones for 200 bucks. This is so disappointing. If Samsung are listening please enable eSIM.

0 Likes