Original topic:

Fingerprint issues on samsung wallet

(Topic created on: 02-16-2023 01:14 PM)
Marsover
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Recently just purchased the s23 (base). I have been having issues with samaung wallet (specifically samsung pass within wallet) where it is unable to recognize my fingerprint. I have removed and re added the prints it otherwise works on my phone for everything else but just freezes on that one page. Anyone else have the same issue since the upgrade to wallet? I have to keep my old s10 still functional if I want to access samsung pass
7 Comments
blitzteh
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I have the base S23 as well and tried three types of screen protectors, didn't have to redo fingerprint.

Do a factory data reset, if that doesn't solve it. Contact Samsung support for a DOA exchange!
0 Likes
Marsover
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
But the fingerprint does work! Every other app and in general I have no issues, it's speedy and very responsive, it's just the wallet app. I have Uninstalled and reinstalled the app too
0 Likes
Clqri
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I recommend Google Wallet, the Samsung wallet **bleep** and it doesn't even work for me.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.

As you have uninstalled and reinstalled the app, you can try to perform Wipe cache partition and verify if it will fix the issue.

Below are the steps to perform wipe cache partition.

1.Turn off the unit.

2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).

3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".

4.Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.

5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

Even after performing the above steps if your issue is not resolved, please perform back up and factory reset by following the steps in the given links.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-back-up-and-restore-data/

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

0 Likes
Marsover
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thank you for your response. I have just tried the wipe cache partition, it doesn't work. Still freezes on the fingerprint reading page. Based on your numerous one star reviews lately on the galaxy app, I suggest acknowledging that this is an app error instead of telling everyone to just reformat their phones for every time there's a bug in an app
ProfessorServo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm having the same issue on my old Galaxy S21 FE 5G.

I launch Wallet, it has me sign in (fingerprint works fine for this, but I've also tried full password and also one-time email verification code), Wallet tells me it needs to set some permissions settings, then it asks me whether I want to use Fingerprint or Wallet PIN. If I choose fingerprint, it takes me to a graphical page with a drawing of the phone and thumb, and the fingerprint reader button appears. I hold on the fingerprint reader, and it disappears as if successful, but then Wallet just hangs on this screen and I don't get any further.

If I tap Wallet PIN instead, nothing happens.

I've tried clearing all my fingerprints, rebooting, and then re-registering the fingerprints. Also tried Force Stoping the app and clearing cache and data.

This is definitely a software/app issue, since the fingerprint works fine for the first verification (and every other app that requires it... including lock screen).

When  is this going to be fixed??

0 Likes
DeMaschina
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Wow, this is extremely sad to see. I just bought a Galaxy S23 Ultra (after running a BB Key2 for many years), and I just started setting my phone up last night. Phone still prompts for Samsung pass (which doesn't work), so after Googling I find out it's bc Samsung is moving to Wallet instead... but I can't set that up either bc the fingerprint freezes??? 
Kind of tempted to return this phone I just bought outright....

0 Likes