Original topic:

Firmware update

(Topic created on: 04-28-2023 04:08 PM)
RedTransfer
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys on Galaxy S21 Plus my message alerts stopped working. The red light would flash for a second but disappear. I checked settings and reset network on phone but no luck. Then I did a factory reset but still no luck with either Samsung or Google SMS apps. 

Then I rolled back my firmware to 12 and it's working again properly. But now getting nag message that auto firmware will install Saturday 29 April. 

Is anybody else having issues like this with text message alerts with current Android firmware? Is there anything I can do to fix this problem? Please and thank you in advance. 

Red 
0 Likes
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you're using Samsung's Messages, switch to Google Messages. You can download it from the Play Store. 

It should fix the issue. 

RedTransfer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I tried both with latest firmware and it gave me that issue. After roll back to Android 12 they both ok and alerts work. But now nag message says firmware will auto update tomorrow afternoon.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Did you check specifically your Notification settings for Messages? 

0 Likes
RedTransfer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yes I did. They're the same I. Android 12 now as they were in latest firmware.
0 Likes
RedTransfer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Even factory reset have me same alert problem with both message apps.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If you restored your device with Smart Switch, then you would have also restored the settings y had previously. So a Factory Reset wouldn't necessarily solve the problem. 

I'm quite sure that it's something in your Notification Settings that are causing the problem for you. 

I'm pretty sure that I haven't seen anyone else report the same issue. 

RedTransfer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Is there a place to see what my settings should be for alerts. As pretty sure I didn't change anything on notification settings. And I did use smart switch. But after 2nd factory reset I didn't copy over much and removed a lot of apps and stuff I wasn't using. Had a virus or something 2 weeks ago with lots of pop ups. But scan found nothing. Removed a bunch of apps and problem went away but did factory reset just for peace of mind.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It's highly unlikely that you actually had a virus on your device. 

Almost ALL of the annoying pop up ads are from free apps downloaded from the Play Store, or other sources.

Follow the screen shots to check your Notification settings. 

Screenshot_20230428_214827.jpg

Screenshot_20230428_214848.jpg

Screenshot_20230428_214924.jpg

Screenshot_20230428_215006.jpg

RedTransfer
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Yeah my settings match those but I'm on Android tonite. We'll see if I get updated to latest firmware and if alerts keep working. 🤞
0 Likes