Original topic:

Flagship should receive more updates

(Topic created on: 06-26-2020 02:07 PM)
tomX
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Check out this story: iPhone 6S getting iOS 14 is like the Galaxy S6 getting Android 11. Imagine that. 

https://flip.it/Wlhyxs from Flipboard.

I love the Samsung Galaxy S lineup. But for my parents, I got mid-range phones and I saw very few differences between them except the price difference of 1000 dollars. Then comes Apple with 6s ios 14 update. This showed me Samsung is no longer my first and the only option. Because I should have bought iPhone X instead of A71s, as iPhone X, which was the same price at a time, will last 5 years and a better ecosystem. If you compare the Samsung tab with the iPad, my family is definitely going with apple, I might also switch next year. And no comparison between laptop and MacOS.(not for pros just basics)

At least for premium Galaxy S series, they should provide longer future updates and better ecosystem with windows and their service center also need to take notes from Apple as paying customer for 2-year extra protection, worst service centers. They make you pay for delivery even if the main service center is next door to you(even before this virus). Apple services are much better.

8 Comments
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi @tomX,

Thanks, for your suggestion. we will consider it as feedback and will forward this to our team to look into this. We will try to serve our customers better.

RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Seriously? That's your reply?

Samsung has, for years, been terrible with supporting older devices. They charge well over a thousand dollars for a device they claim is the latest and greatest and fastest, but then can't even support an OS upgrade past two years. meanwhile you can install Windows on machines that are ten years old, and iOS on machines that are 5 years old.

Samsung has made zero efforts in serving their clients better when it comes to software updates. Stating that you will try is laughable.
vape
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
see yeah later :), don't let the door hit yeah. since Kinsley can't say that but I can.

0 Likes
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
ya I was reading this article earlier today. it's not just Samsung it's all android devices. but yes, to the point, I don't think anyone here would disagree that samsung should support their devices better. right now with what's coming to IOS 14 with apple adding more android like features really steps up the competition for samsung.
tomX
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
on Android devices, I had hope for google pixel to better but on the hardware side, it's difficult for them. Samsung is the only one who gives direct competition. Let's see if Samsung partnership with AMD and windows take off.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
@tomX - ya I would agree that Samsung would be most direct Competition to Apple. Honestly even Google is starting to add Samsung features to stock android. I'm really hoping that Samsung will make positive changes with the note 20 and the S21. also hopefully Samsung will find ways to lower the prices. (or just drop the Profit margin a bit) 🤷🏻♂️Because honestly Galaxy phones being at iPhone prices just doesn't seem really worth it to me. because Galaxy phones you can only get about 2-3 good years out of them. and then Samsung doesn't really support The device anymore. (Even though the device is perfectly compatible of still running for several more years) so $1500ish For Galaxy phone that you can get maybe 2-3 decent years out of it. or You can get a cheaper iPhone for about $400+ and get 5 plus years out of it. just saying. 🤷🏻♂️
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

@TBone, We will forward your suggestion to our team regarding updates and price for the upcoming Samsung Note and S lineup.

thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I do agree with the software updates but looking back 4 years ago, I don't know if Android OS now would even run without hiccups, can the hardware back then hold up to Android demands nowadays?
0 Likes