Original topic:

For the love of ......hotspot.

(Topic created on: 05-23-2022 04:27 PM)
samsugi
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Its 2022 iphone has a dropdown hotspot shortcut.. i dont understand.. y.. samsung refuses to put one in. 
25 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

What device do you have. Mobile HotSpot is available on my S20 Ultra. 

If it's not available on your device, you can add it manually with adb. 

0 Likes
samsugi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
S21 ultra. Its deep in the connections. Settings. .. but not available in the dropdown.. when it should be. . Adb?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

That's bizarre that your S21 Ultra doesn't have the Mobile HotSpot Toggle in the QS Tiles.

Did you check by pulling down the Notification Panel all the way & then Click on "Edit Buttons" to see if the Mobile HotSpot is available, but just not added to your QS Tiles?

adb (Android Device Bridge) allows you to use adb commands to add items to your QS Tiles, among other things.

But it makes no sense that it's available on my S20 Ultra & not on your S21 Ultra.. if that is in fact the case.

23 May 2022 185911 GMT-0400.jpg

Screenshot_20220523_190726.jpg

Screenshot_20220523_190732.jpg

samsugi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Its not there. Im reading on some android forums now. That carriers disable it in canada on canadian devices. Is yours the international version? My s20 also didn't have it.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

My S20 Ultra Snapdragon variant is From Rogers SM-G988W.

For years it was believed that the Canadian Carriers also disabled the Mobile Data Toggle.. Samsung even blamed them, until Samsung Canada finally admitted that it wasn't the Canadian Carriers, it was in fact, Samsung Canada.

If you want, I can tell you how to add the HotSpot QS Tile to your device?

You need a computer, Samsung's USB Drivers installed on your computer, Platform-Tools installed on your computer, and run a simple adb command to add the HotSpot QS Tile.

But I really don't understand why you wouldn't have it already....🤔

samsugi
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
You know come to think of it my s10 was also missing the toggle...Hmmm i bought mine through Samsung. Since the s10. But been transferring data since(nvr clean start). Maybe a bug? But i read others have this issue. When i get time maybe ill do ur suggestion. But for now i found https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.logpedia.tether
0 Likes
RobertZ
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Same with my S10 plus. Purchased through Samsung. Currently using Fido. No quick settings toggle for mobile hotspot.

Used to enable it in previous devices via ADB but it's pretty easy to get to via settings.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, the Mobile hotspot is not available in quick settings and it might be disabled by the carriers.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

And yet, on my S20 Ultra - SM-G988W 

Screenshot_20220523_201009.jpg