Original topic:

Forced an app to never close

(Topic created on: 04-19-2020 06:52 AM)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Galaxy S
So not long ago on my S9+ android 10 one ui 2.0, I managed to make yt music never ever close even when I clear the recents. I did not use the app lock feature in recents. I've been trying to figure out how I did it, but for the life of me I can't remember if it was in GoodLock, or phone settings, or developer options. If anyone knows what I'm talking about, could you please point me in the right direction?
0 Likes
7 Comments
Galaxy S
Swipe Up on the Recents - Click on Icon of the app you want to keep running (NOT close when you Click on "Close All" in Recents) - Click on "Lock" for the app you want to keep running. (in the screen shot - where it says Unlock - It would show Lock instead.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Yeah, that I know how to do. it was something in settings somewhere, I believe.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Not afaik there's nothing in Settings or Dev Options - But I just told you how to do it & it works.
You COULD try Settings - Apps - Scroll down to the app you want to keep running - Battery & Allow Run in Background - Not sure if it will keep running unless you Locked it in the Recents Setting..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Found it. It is in Multi Star in Goodlock.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S
Hi @gotthelife11
Thanks for your efforts and good to hear that you find the option to lock an app in the Good Lock app.
Thanks to @Shaggyskunk1 for providing the information.
Galaxy S
Don't know why it is necessary to use GoodLock for this - The "Lock app" method achieves exactly what you asked for??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
The basis of my question is that I couldn't remember what I did. Either way works.
0 Likes