GabyThe911Operator
Active Level 9
Options
Galaxy S
English message will be bellow

[FR]

Chère cliente,
 Cher client, 

Depuis début 2020, le gouvernement du Québec a désigné Vidéotron et les autres compagnies de télécommunication comme étant des services essentiels. Dans ce contexte, nous nous assurons de maintenir certains services pour nos clients, comme l'activation et la réparation de nos produits. 

Compte tenu des circonstances exceptionnelles entourant la COVID-19, une réduction temporaire de nos effectifs occasionne des délais d'attente plus élevés qu'à l'habitude. Afin d'être accompagnés le plus rapidement possible, nous vous invitons à visiter notre site Web, où nous avons rassemblé les réponses à la plupart de vos questions dans la section Soutien. Vous y trouverez notamment les questions les plus fréquemment posées à nos conseillers sur le fonctionnement des services. 

Vous pouvez aussi gérer vos services en consultant l'Espace client ou Mon compte Helix. Soulignons qu'une visite sur notre site vous permettra d'éviter des délais d'attente temporaires importants. 

Soyez assurés que nous faisons tout ce qui est en notre pouvoir pour que vous restiez connectés, informés et en contact avec les membres de votre famille et vos proches durant cette situation sans précédent. En vous rendant sur notre site Web, vous en apprendrez plus sur ce que nous faisons pour protéger et accompagner nos clients et nos employés durant les événements en lien avec la COVID-19. 

Sachez que nous déployons tous les efforts possibles dans ce contexte pour assurer la meilleure expérience client, notamment par la mise à jour régulière de notre site Web. 

Prenez bien soin de vous et de vos proches. 

Votre équipe Vidéotron

[EN]

Dear Client,
Dear Customer,

Since early 2020, the Quebec government has designated Videotron and other telecommunications companies as essential services. In this context, we make sure to maintain certain services for our customers, such as the activation and repair of our products.

Given the exceptional circumstances surrounding COVID-19, a temporary reduction in our workforce results in longer wait times than usual. In order to be supported as quickly as possible, we invite you to visit our website, where we have gathered the answers to most of your questions in the Support section. In particular, you will find the most frequently asked questions to our advisers on the operation of the services.

You can also manage your services by consulting the Customer Center or My Helix Account. Note that a visit to our site will allow you to avoid significant temporary waiting times.

Rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to keep you connected, informed and in touch with your family and loved ones during this unprecedented situation. By visiting our website, you will learn more about what we do to protect and support our customers and employees during events related to COVID-19.

Please note that we make every effort in this context to ensure the best customer experience, in particular by regularly updating our website.

Take good care of yourself and your loved ones.

Your Videotron team
18 Comments
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Couldn't care less about Videotron but thanks for posting
Galaxy S
Couldn't care about your comment but thanks for the comment
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
You're very welcome
0 Likes
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
I second GG2 comment. Sounds like Videotron is making excuses for bad service and customer service by using covid as the excuse
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I've been a long time customer of theirs and still am (25+yrs). They are definitely not what they used to be and im sick and tired of calling them every other month because of billing issues. Their customer service went so down hill the past few years that in my opinion, they are as bad as Bell now.
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
At least Bell has much more network bands (though uplink is still bad versus Rogers)
Refer to the enclosed screenshots depicting speed tests taken by me and a friend, him being on Vidéotron with an S20 FE (both tests under 5G)
You can make a case for these tests being only anecdotal evidence and you would be correct as we did not conduct extensive tests across the province but at least both of these tests were done in the metropolitan areaScreenshot_20210519-223459_Samsung Internet_30009.pngScreenshot_20210519-224030_Speedtest_30011.png
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Im with Rogers for my mobile services ( 7 lines ) but Videotron for home services. Let's just say I've gotten used to rebooting my modem about twice a week, much lower speeds at peak hours and waiting for ever on the phone to speak to CS.
0 Likes
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
HFC is pretty woeful as per my friend's experience, indeed. Meanwhile, it seems that being equipped with forums allow them to do the absolute bare minimum in terms of CS. Why pay for staff when you can outsource tech support to random people that have to hunt themselves for a fragment of an answer that was also crowdsourced with little official input and may as well be totally inaccurate?
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Not to mention that they raised the prices of their services ( internet, phone, tv ) all at the same time, during pandemic, AND took away some channels included in my package.
0 Likes