Original topic:

Galaxy a20s

(Topic created on: 08-10-2021 08:01 AM)
SEBJPerson
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

After the last update I can no longer talk normally on the phone. Each call requires me to switch to hands free speaker mode. There is no option to go back.

6 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, As you have updated the android version I suggest you to perform Wipe Cache Partition and write back to us if the issue still persists.

Please try performing the wipe cache partition by following the instruction below and check if the issue got resolved.

Turn off the device. Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby / Power key.

When the Android logo displays, release both keys. An 'Installing system update' message may show briefly before the Android Recovery menu options appear.

Press the Volume down key several times to highlight "Wipe cache partition".

Press Bixby / Power key to select.

Press the Volume down key to highlight Yes, then press the Bixby / Power key to select.

When the process is complete, the Reboot system now is highlighted. Press the Bixby / Power key to restart the device.

0 Likes
SEBJPerson
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same as before. Still searching for solutions. Thank you, though.

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi SEBJPerson, I suggest you to perform back up and reset.
Note: Your Galaxy phone must be connected to a Samsung account to use Samsung Cloud.
To back up your data:
Make sure you do not lose that precious video of your baby's first steps. Back up your data, so you can relive your special moments. From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Back up data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select the content you want to back up, or simply tap Select all. When you are ready, tap Back up at the bottom of the screen.
Tap Done when it is finished syncing.
Note: For more information, tap the More Options icon (the 3 vertical dots), and then tap More information.
To Restore your data:
Note: Your Galaxy phone must be connected to a Samsung account to use Samsung Cloud.
Once everything is backed up on Samsung Cloud, restoring your data is simple. You can transfer it to a new or different device using the Restore feature. From Settings, navigate to and tap Accounts and backup. Tap Restore data under "Samsung Cloud". On the next screen, select your desired device (at the top of the screen), and then select the content you want to restore. Next, tap Restore at the bottom of the screen. If required, follow the on-screen instructions to download your backup data.

0 Likes
SEBJPerson
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Again, no different. Is there a way to restore the phone to pre-update?

0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, unfortunately, we cannot restore the device after the latest software update.

0 Likes
bert7
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I have the same issue, but i think the speaker just dont work anymore, since i have the phone for almost 2 years, everyone around me can hear my call but i don't mind that much.
0 Likes