Original topic:

Galaxy S10 randomly making charging sound

(Topic created on: 11-14-2019 06:47 PM)
Braydon
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing their Galaxy S10 making the charging sound (the sound the phone makes when you plug it in or put it on a charger) randomly?  It will do it at the most random times for me, and usually I'm wearing my earbuds and nowhere near a charger.  Just seems strange to me.

Thanks!
8 Comments
Galaxy S
Install Nice Catch from the Galaxy Store & it SHOULD help you track down the source of this Notification - You COULD also go to Settings - Notifications & see what the recent Notifications were from 🐧
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Even though it's just the charging sound? I'm positive it's the same sound as when I place it on my wireless charger or plug it in.
Also it's not actually a notification really, nothing happens in my notifications; it's just the sound.
0 Likes
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thanks Shaggy, you helped me confirm the suspicion I had last night Smiling_Face
(Bixby Routines at 10:05)
There doesn't seem to be a way to change the sound (see below reply to another user), since the UI already thinks it's Spaceline but at least now I know what it is
0 Likes
DCBless
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Mine does too unfortunately.
Braydon
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I've discovered what it is for me. It's the Bixby Routines routine activation that's causing it. Whenever arrive somewhere (i.e. home last night) where it triggers a routine to activate, the charging sound occurs. No idea what THAT would possibly be the sound they'd use (actually my notification settings show it's actually Spaceline but obviously not...) but I guess 🤷🏼‍♂️
Krishanlal
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

I appreciate you finding the issue, I'd arrive at school then hear the charging sound (A71) and be lik'huh? Is my charging port broken?' I guess it's just my school Routine turning on...

0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
You could try shutting charging sound off and see if that stops it.
Settings, Sounds and vibrations, System sounds and vibrations
ih8tesn0w
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
mine does this too at random times but only when charging, I'm using the original charger and it's still like new but for some reason it will randomly show that its started charging as if I just plugged it in even tho charging has not stopped
0 Likes