Original topic:

Galaxy S20 esim in Canada

(Topic created on: 02-18-2020 09:42 AM)
SohFar
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Does anyone know if any of the Canadian carriers will support esim on the new s20 models? I know the phones have the feature, but not sure if the networks will have it enabled.
24 Comments
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I could be wrong but I don't think you can get esim phone in Canada and there I highly doubt that carrier would have this option enabled...
0 Likes
MAP
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Since the iPhone Xs, so xs, xs max, xr, 11,11 pro & max, pixel 3, 3xl, 3a, 3a xl, 4,4xl
jokkir
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Will the Canadian S20 model support esim? I know that Freedom already supports esim but unfortunately my Note 10+ doesn't have it
0 Likes
GUSER21
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I got my s20fe and bought it because is supposed to come with esim after getting it and talking to support i realized it is not enabled, maybe in the future but now I see my self returning this phone because it is unknown when the update will be sent to use esim.

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
I have start by saying Sorry!!!! What I posted before (up above) is wrong....

All the S20 line up in Canada comes with esim as well as a slot for a regular nano sim...

By doing this you can activate the esim with your carrier here in Canada and use the nano slim tray for a 2nd sim card ie an out of country one in my case a uk sim so in effect you have 2 phone numbers assigned to your phone.

I Have contacted my carrier which is Bell and they confirmed what said above. If you wish to use the esim you have to tell your carrier so they activate the esim in the phone with your number and this leaves the tray empty for a 2nd sim card..

Bell and Virgin support esim not sure of other carriers.. just been in contact with Roger's they also support esim...
Jeb1804
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

Koodo and Telus support esim. I am currently with Koodo and I have an esim voucher on hand. 

I am very much hoping the s20 supports esim. It seems no one knows for sure if the s20 lineup will come with esim capability enabled (for NA markets). 

Echo1
Expert Level 4
Galaxy S
@Jeb 1804 yes thexS29 comes with esim capabilities
0 Likes
MishaD
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Do you ever say something accurate? I have been reading esim posts all day whenever I see something from you, it's inaccurate.
0 Likes
Kinsley
Options
Galaxy S

Hi SohFar,

Currently, there is no carrier supporting e-sim in Canada. 

Cheers,

Kinsley