Original topic:

Galaxy S20 Whatsapp incoming call not in full screen mode

(Topic created on: 01-22-2021 05:22 PM)
Armin83
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey guys,

Something changed on my phone recently and I don't know what exactly. When my phone is unlocked, and I get an incoming whatsapp call, I only get a notification at the top of the screen. I have to click on the notification and only then I get the full screen to swipe up to answer the call. When my phone is locked, the full screen comes up right away. Something changed. It was working fine about 2 weeks ago even when unlocked. Any ideas as to how to get this resolved?

Thanks much!
Armin
0 Likes
6 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Armin83,

Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada.

Please make sure all of WhatsApp's permissions are granted in your phone's Settings.

Open Phones Settings >> Apps >> WhatsApp >> Permissions >> Allow the desired permissions.

Also, make sure that the Call Notification is Turned on for WhatsApp.

Follow the below steps:

Open Settings >> Apps >> Whatsapp >> Notifications >> Enable Show Notifications >> Click on Call Notifications and Enable it >> Enable Pop on Screen option.

Get back to us with the result.

Armin83
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
Hi Halston,

Appreciate the help. I've tried these steps and no luck. Tried enabling as well as disabling the pop up notification under Call Notifications. Any other ideas?

Thanks!
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Armin83,

Thanks for confirming it. I suggest you to contact WhatsApp support so that they will help/assist you accordingly.

Here is the link: https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

celiafg
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hello!

I'm having the exact same problem with whatsapp calls and with facebook messenger calls.

Did you ever find a solution for the problem?

Thank you!

Celia

0 Likes
Members_jlqF1CZ
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I Solved the problem recently on my Samsung M12 4/64

First to make sure that your Whatsapp has already enable all Notifications (See above guide post)

1. Go to Sttings - Notifications

2. Set Pop-up style to "Detailed"

3. Go to Advanced Setting - Floating Notifications

4. Set to "Smart pop-up view"

5. Then Open Include apps - Enable Whatsapp

All Done and I hope it works for you too.

0 Likes
JohnnyKingsman
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, 

I had the same issue and one solution that worked was to reset all permissions but it was quite troublesome yet it fixed the issue.

But recently another trick fixed it for me.. 

Head on over to settings>>Apps>>3 dots on top >> Special Permissions >> Full screen alerts >> Check if whatsapp is enabled.

Hope that fixes it for you. 

0 Likes