Original topic:

Galaxy S22 Ultra

(Topic created on: 04-27-2022 12:13 PM)
Jaygur
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hello,

I've had my phone for a couple weeks now with no problems. But today my phone randomly shutoff and became unresponsive. The battery was above 30% last I remember so it shouldnt have died. I also tried plugging my phone to charge and see, but still nothing. Tried holding down the side buttom plus each volume key seperately then together and still nothing. After about 5mins it just boot back up on its own.

Any information would be amazing!
0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If the phone is currently working, I'd charge it to ~ 80% and then force a Reboot by holding down the Power Button until it vibrates & release the Power button. See if it Boots normally.

If you recently installed any 3rd party apps, you might want to Boot into Safe Mode & see if it happens again (within a similar amount of time).

You could also Boot into Recovery & Wipe Cache, (Moderators will suggest that anyway).

You could also open Samsung Members app Click on "Get Help" Scroll down to "Send Feedback" & then select Send Error Report.

It could just be some random issue that won't reoccur, or it could be some sort of conflict with a 3rd party app, or even a hardware issue?

Really hard to say if it just happened the one time..

If you're concerned about it, you COULD backup your device with Smart Switch & Factory Reset, that will usually correct any Firmware / Software / App problems.

More information may be helpful? 

Jaygur
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I hope its a one off, I havent installed any 3rd party apps recently
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, We are sorry for the experience you had with your Galaxy S22 Ultra. We suggest you perform safe mode and wipe cache partition if any third party app is causing the issue.

Below are the steps to perform clear cache partition.

1.Turn off the unit.

2.Press and hold the volume up button and press and hold the on/off button. When the Android logo is displayed, release all keys ("Installing system update" is displayed before displaying the Android system recovery menu options).

3.Press the volume down key repeatedly to highlight "wipe cache partition".

4.Press the Power key to select. Press the Volume Down button to highlight "Yes" and press the Power button to select. When the wiping of the cache partition is completed, "Reboot System Now" is highlighted.

5.Press the Power button to reboot the unit.

To enter Safe Mode, please perform the following :

1.First, completely power off the phone.

2.Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the Volume down key.

3.If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above. Even after perofrming the above steps.

4.Once you are in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

5.To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

If you still face the issue even after performing any of the above steps, we recommend you to visit the Samsung service centre to get the device examined by the service technician.

Here's the link given below to find the nearest Samsung Service centre. https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/service-center/  

Thank you RedDogRabbit for your steps.

Jaygur
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hello, thanks for the comment, I did wipe the cache, and have not installed any 3rd party apps recently.
0 Likes
mamaT
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
My S22 Ultra had a update today. My carrier is Telus and I am in Ontario. Could this have been your update causing it to turn off?
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Or the update can resolve the randomly shutoff
0 Likes