Original topic:

galaxy s23 overprocessing 50 megapixel images in "photo" mode

(Topic created on: 04-01-2023 10:51 PM)
onigod
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I don't know what settings I need to tweak to keep my galaxy s23 from processing or overprocessing 50 megapixel images. it's casting a yellow filter on the images after being taken compared to the other lenses as can be seen in the two images. pay attention to the orange extension cord. on the 12 megapixel image, it's brighten up orange from what it is in reality, but on the 50 megapixel version, it's overly saturated and looks ridiculously superbly bloody orange. it also appears that this only happens on the "photo" mode because the 50 megapixel picture on the "pro" mode is similar to the color saturation of the 12 megapixel image on the "photo" mode. 

settings: 

- picture optimizer (off)
- high efficiency pictures (off) - advanced picture options
- pro mode picture format (JPEG format) - advance picture options
- auto HDR (on) - camera assistant
- picture softening (off) - camera assistant
- quick tap shutter (off) - camera assistant
- auto lens switching (on) - camera assistant
- capture speed > regular resolutions (prioritize speed) - camera assistant
- capture speed > high resolutions (faster capture) - camera assistant

note: 
I also toggled all the above settings (on/off) several times and yielded the same results regardless. 

taken with the 50 megapixel lens 3:4 (photo mode)

taken with the 12 megapixel lens 3:4 (photo mode)

taken with the 50 megapixel lens 3:4 (pro mode)

17 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we apologize for the inconvenience you are facing. We understand your concern and will help you resolve this.

We kindly request you to generate error report by following below steps:

Tap and hold on samsung Members Icon and tap on Error report >> select the category from the below >> Describe the issue and check the option "send system log data" then send.

An expert from the Samsung Members team will try and respond to the report as quickly as possible.

0 Likes
onigod
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
done Helenna!
0 Likes
onigod
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
hey helenna. the april 13th update didn't do anything with the picture setting or quality for the 50 megapixel image processing. i took a photo of the orange cord in the same place yesterday, and it my s23 still produces the exact same oversaturated color. do you know what the supposed "camera updates" are that's bundled with the update?
0 Likes
gasteac
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

Hello, could you please try taking a photo with the 50MP camera and a light source in the darkness, and see if the image processing adds blue lights to the dark parts of the image?

0 Likes
onigod
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i don't see any blue lighting added. both were taken using the 50 megapixel photo mode. the brighter one has night mode on. 20230504_003426_1000014563_1683174871.jpg20230504_003406_1000014562_1683174854.jpg
0 Likes
H4ppi
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same here 

20230517_181548.jpg

 taken with 50mp

20230517_181538.jpg

 taken with 12mp

0 Likes
Warren1992
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I'm having the exact same issue. The 50 MP photo mode over processes the image after the photo has been taken and causes an aggressive  yellow tint. 

50 MP photomode:

20230519_135621.jpg

50 MP pro mode:

20230519_135657.jpg

Is this still being looked into? Pro mode isn't always a great option if you just want to take a quick picture.

0 Likes
Warren1992
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Just found a fix, download camera assistant. 

1. Click capture speed.

2. At the bottom under "High resolutions" select "Faster post-processing"

Works a treat, the shutter speed is slightly slower but not bad at all. 

0 Likes
loukameersschaut
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

doesn't this make the 12mp photos look less good after processing?

0 Likes