Original topic:

Galaxy S7 Elimination

(Topic created on: 03-26-2019 11:41 AM)
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
So I've been searching on websites for service providers (rogers, or fido) trying to decide what I should do when my phone contract is up, and I'm noticing you can't get the S7 anymore, one of the best Galaxy S phones! Now only S8, S9, and S10 are available. So seeing as how they're eliminating the S7, will my S7 recieve anymore major OS updates? Or is Oreo the final version? 
6 Comments
havanacuba
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
It's Oreo the final version for Galaxy S7 but you will get the security updates!!!
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
yep, I'm also disappointed since the S7 is the best form factor and specs for me. I'm hoping that ill at least be able to do a battery replacement and have the phone properly resealed before things are completely discontinued.
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Yeah- I personally thought S7 was the best. I guess I'll have to try the S8 and see how I like it! I'm verry leery of it because I know 3 different people who own the S8 and they all have trouble with sends and receiving texts, mobile data, cracked screens... etc. Only time will tell! Lol
0 Likes
carr0498
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Not a big fan of the S8. I have one at work and the glare on the edges of the Infinity display drives me nuts.
awesomeness
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
Hmm... Not sure it's worth it for me! I don't own a computer 🤣 But Oreo was by far my favourite update, so that's okay.
0 Likes
stmax
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
For those of you who love the S7 perhaps the S10e would be a good fit?
0 Likes