Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

galaxy s8 update

(Topic created on: 05-30-2019 10:06 AM)
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hello guys i was wondering why my galaxy s8 did not get the update android pie while there is others S8 get it . My s8 is an canadien version and i live in tunisia
0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
does this method has a negative effect on my device ?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well you would be using a Samsung Tool (Odin) to Flash the Samsung Firmware - Worst case scenario - Odin would simply fail to Flash - Best case scenario - You would have successfully installed One UI Pie on your device 🐧
0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i m confused dude i dont get it there is a lots of versions in the website i dont know which one help me by shown me step by step
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well - All the Canadian devices use the same Firmware - So it wouldn't really matter if you Flashed Bell - Rogers or Telus for example AND the latest versions are all the same.. So if you downloaded the Bell or Rogers Firmware it doesn't make any difference - Especially since I don't know what Carrier's Software Version is installed on your device?

Have you contacted your Carrier in Tunisia & asked them about the One UI update?

To install the Firmware with Odin - You need to Download the Firmware to your computer - Extract it & you'll have 5 Md5 tar files:

BL
AP
CP
CSC
HOME_CSC

You copy the respective files to the correct slots in Odin - I'm pretty sure since I don't see any Firmware for your Country - That you should select CSC & NOT HOME_CSC for the CSC slot...

In the options in Odin - You should ONLY have Reset-Time & Auto Reboot selected - DO NOT SELECT REPARTITION!!

Boot into Download Mode - Connect your phone to the computer & Wait for the Blue box showing that you are connected & click on Start..
There's plenty of YouTube videos on how to Flash Samsung Firmware with Odin - You SHOULD watch a couple several times BEFORE you start 🐧

0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
okay does it affect my phone ?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Well like I said - If Flashing the Firmware is successful - Then it will update your device from Oreo to One UI Pie - So yes.

What I would do if I was in your position is - I'd back my device with Smart Switch & Google / Samsung & Factory Reset - Boot into Download Mode (Power Off - Press & Hold Power + Bixby + Volume DOWN until you feel the phone vibrate - Release ALL Three - The phone will Boot to a pail blue screen with a Warning - which is normal - And follow the steps posted previously 🐧
0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
okay but why Samsung did not just upgrade my device like other devices ?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Because it's the Carriers who release the updates - By the way - The only way that I see your posts is by going to this thread & looking - I don't get notified that you posted an additional question - Unless you Tag me or Click on the "reply" button 😉
0 Likes
Handsomerobb
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
i have soo many questions about this **bleep** S8 dude
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Ask away & I'll try to help 🕊
0 Likes