Original topic:

Galaxy S8

(Topic created on: 10-25-2021 09:27 AM)
lisalou88
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Anyone know why my phone is making a periodic BLEEP sound? Have restarted my phone, no change. I have no unreead ad messages or app notifications.... just a BLEEP every so often when I have my phone open. Not wben it's closed. 
4 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You could go to Settings > Notifications & you should see what the Notification is from & you SHOULD be able to Toggle off the notifications from that source. 

Sometimes you can get non specific System Notifications as well, but I haven't bothered to investigate it further, as it's not very frequent. 

I don't remember if your device is supported by Good Lock's "Nice Catch" app, but that could also give you more information. 

You could also Boot into Safe Mode & see if you continue to get the beep. If you don't, then it's coming from a 3rd party app which you installed. 

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi lisalou88, please check if Notification reminder is OFF. Settings > Accessibility > Advanced settings > Notification Reminders.

0 Likes
PaymanHamdard
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Check your notifications history in the settings > notifications > recent sent
0 Likes
joegabriel001
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
I believe it's a setting that's mainly for pay as you go service where it beeps every minute to let you know you've used another minute try toggling around with the settings
0 Likes