Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy s9 Plus Updates

(Topic created on: 05-19-2021 10:38 AM)
ClosestMoss2172
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hey everyone, why is samsung updating only the s9? And not the s9+ ? Even thoguh our phone is technically a newer model?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
This has nothing to do with what the user is asking. The past and recent change to upgrade notice lists S9/Note 9 will be getting One UI 3/Android 11. This is MISLEADING and INCORRECT. This has pointed out by the community multiple times and ignored. What good is this forum to new users if misinformation is given out from official sources?! This causes confusion and frustration to all users. 😡Screenshot_20210529-114508_Samsung Members_23444.jpg

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah, Samsung is finicky in terms of this. Don't have an answer for that. Though I imagine in their view, it's probably considered a major upgrade and thus excluded? 🙄

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Comments
Pupusik
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
I'm sure that any and all updates that are made available will be applicable to both the S9 and S9+
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
I think referencing the recent OneUI 3 Android 11 upgrade notice... Again miscommunicating S9 is eligible (which of course has been confirmed time and time again that it is NOT eligible). Note 9/S9 series phones have not been included with the recent 3 OS upgrade policy announced by Samsung. They are starting this policy with the 10 series phones. The 9 series phones are still on the older 2 OS upgrade policy which has already been fulfilled by Samsung and no longer qualify for future OS upgrades.

Only updates 9 series phones will receive is the monthy/quarterly security updates. That's it.
Galaxy S
Sorry I'm a little confused, what exactly does that mean?
0 Likes
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Samsung recently announced changes in their OS upgrade policy. Originally, they only supported 2 major OS upgrades for all models. However, starting with the S10/Note 10 series, they are now supporting 3 major OS upgrades (instead of 2). Unfortunately, the S9/Note 9 series were not included in this policy change.

The S9/Note 9 series started with Android 8 and already received 2 major OS upgrades (Android 9/10) and they were excluded from the change of getting 3 major OS upgrades. That is the reason why S9/Note 9 series will never receive One UI 3.0/Android 11.

Hope I've explained it better here.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Yeah but not one ui 3 we dont even have one ui 2.5
0 Likes
Solution
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Yeah, Samsung is finicky in terms of this. Don't have an answer for that. Though I imagine in their view, it's probably considered a major upgrade and thus excluded? 🙄
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

"Hi ClosestMoss2172,
Please verify your device in safe mode to diagnose the issue exactly if the third party apps cause the issue or the device.
Safe mode to check if added apps are causing problems. This mode only loads basic system software and allows you to disable third-party applications.
1. After turning off the device, turn it on.
2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.
3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen.
How to deactivate safe mode.
1. Press and hold the power button.
2. Tap Restart."

Solution
Vic20
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
This has nothing to do with what the user is asking. The past and recent change to upgrade notice lists S9/Note 9 will be getting One UI 3/Android 11. This is MISLEADING and INCORRECT. This has pointed out by the community multiple times and ignored. What good is this forum to new users if misinformation is given out from official sources?! This causes confusion and frustration to all users. 😡Screenshot_20210529-114508_Samsung Members_23444.jpg
0 Likes
Galaxy S
No the s9+ aren't getting the newest operating systems, only security updates
0 Likes