Original topic:

Google Webview Error Update 2021.03.29

(Topic created on: 03-29-2021 04:40 PM)
RelicOrigins
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
If the device is a Samsung S8 and Lower. 
- The fix that seems to work is to transfer your data onto another device if you have an up to date backup of your data in google and samsung cloud disregard as the backup can be used to retrieve info. 

- Factory Reset the Device and follow the prompts to replace your data back onto your device 

- Your Device would then be operating as you are used to. 

If the Device is an S9 or newer the fix to uninstall webview updates will work. 

The reason this does not work on devices S8 and older is because the webview app shows as greyed out and doesnt not let you uninstall. 

If this post helped you out please consider giving a like as it helps me to continue to provide the community with content. 

#Google #Samsung #Fix #Help 

0 Likes
6 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't need a Factory Reset...

Solution for older device :
On older smartphones, it is likely that you are unable to update Android System Webview and the app is disabled. You must therefore follow the following steps:
1. Open Settings.
2. Touch Applications.
3. Then on Chrome.
4. Disable Chrome.
5. Open Play Store again and search for Android System WebView. You should now be able to update it.
6. After updating, open Settings.
7. Select Applications.
8. Search for Chrome.
9. Activate Chrome again.
10. Open Play Store again.
11. Find Chrome and then tap Update (if the update option does not appear, it means the latest version is already installed).
12. Finally, restart your smartphone.

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/others/google-webview-issue-apps-forcibly-closing-after-update/t...

Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
FYI, I have the Note 10+ and had issues with MyFiles crashing. I followed all the Samsung official steps and it was still crashing. I had to clear the app data as well for it to work normally again.
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Just to clarify, I didn't have to factory reset my whole phone, just the MyFiles app. So I just had to log in to my storage accounts again. Not a big deal and solved the issue. This is after I followed the Samsung official steps and cleared the cache partition manually.

I wanted to mention this for anyone reading so if they still have apps crashing, you don't need to go through the hassle of factory data reset.

Edit: oops you're right, wrong forum!
Jebourquey
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Ohh I see the confusion. I'm not the author of the original post. I just added the note for anyone else reading.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi RelicOrigins,

As mentioned by Cassidy and Jebourquey we do not need to do a factory reset.

The solution for older devices is mentioned by Cassidy and can follow the link as well to know more about this issue and its solution.

Thanks, Cassidy and Jebourquey for sharing the information.

solo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
See
0 Likes