Original topic:

Googleplay security update issue

(Topic created on: 03-01-2024 09:28 PM)
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
The security patch level of googleplay is July 2023, as indicated by Google Play. A few days ago, I observed that a more recent update was available, but I chose to defer the installation. Today, I proceeded with the installation of the Samsung March 1 security update. Subsequently, Google Play now displays the July 2023 patch level as the most up-to-date version, and the option to manually check for updates is no longer available.

Samsung removed this? Will it be fixed soon?
3 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I think that you're talking about Google Play System & this update doesn't come from Samsung, it comes directly from Google. 

You could always try Clearing BOTH Cache & Data for Google Play SERVICES (Services, Not System as that is not accessible through Settings > Apps "Show System Apps". 

Play System & Play Services are NOT the same thing. 

But Clearing Play Services Cache & Data *MAY* work for you, BUT ONLY IF you saw the update for Play SYSTEM available for your device previously. 

Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Yes google play system from Google it was available a few days ago if I would click on it.it would then check for updates and said there was. However now after samsungs March 1 security update the google system update is not clickable anymore. 1709393039877.jpg
0 Likes
Toxicfire
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
By the way I did clear cache by recovery mode and also went into apps and cleared cache for google services , store ect.
Clicking this area would check for updates before March 1 samsung update1709393409146_1709393409135_0.jpg
0 Likes