Original topic:

Grayscale mode

(Topic created on: 02-19-2021 03:04 AM)
Dalj
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Hi everyone.  I don't know if this is already known to the community, but I just figured this out (S20+) so I wanted to share.

Bedtime mode has a really nice grayscale screen adjustment which I really like but I need my ringer to remain on, so I never use it. Today I was playing around with the system settings and found a way to activate the grayscale mode without affecting the sound settings. 

You can find this is by going to settings - - accessibility - - visibility enhancements - - colour adjustment. Here you can turn on grayscale. In that same section of the settings, you can set a shortcut/gesture to turn it on manually.

I haven't yet figured out how to turn this into a bixby routine yet. Hope someone finds this helpful. 
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Screenshot_20210217-045305_Settings.jpg

I just have the Blue Light filter turn on as scheduled & Do Not Disturb enabled on a different schedule. 

You can tweak the DND so that "favourite" or another exception are permitted to ring while DND is enabled.

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Good tip, thanks for sharing 👍

But I couldn't look at that unless I wanted to pretend I was a cat for the night 🤣✌️
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Thought you had your phone auto-reboot while you were having a cat nap lol ☺️

mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
If I napped nearly as much my cat, you would think...
There's something wrong with my phone bc it would be stuck in a reboot loop 😹😴
Dalj
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
For whenever you do want to pretend to be a cat, you can set the grayscale mode to 'on' in the visibility enhancements section and then set bixby routines to turn it off/on at a certain time. Meow meow
mytech
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm not pretending...
I am a cat 🙀!
Except I just see in wonderful color 😁🤙
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Dalj,

Thank you for taking the time to share this information with us here in the community. I hope it will help our community members.

0 Likes
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Thanks. I'm going to try it.
0 Likes
cha0s
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S

hey!! thank you so much for this. i set my shortcut to swipe up two fingers from the nav bar to turn on greyscale and it got me so excited!!!

i don't know if you know it, but, as for the bixby routines, the new update (android 13/one ui 4) brought greyscale to the bixby routines and modes. you can set greyscale to custom/preset modes, as well as you can set conditions to turn on greyscale now. you could use an app called routines+, which is available in the good lock app, that you get in the galaxy store. then, you can set the greyscale to turn on with the help of bixby routines when you open the phone with a particular fingerprint. but for the fingerprint option, you need the routines+ app. hope this helps. 

once again, thank you for this. appreciate you, pal! 

0 Likes