Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Green Horizontal Line

(Topic created on: 09-23-2022 07:00 PM)
Clarie_Philippines
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I recently installed update on my Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Note 5G last September 18 (5 days ago). Now I have green vertical line on my screen. How to fix this?
8 Comments
Galaxy S
call or chat samsung hotline to report this, then bring your s20 ultra to the nearest authorized samsung service center, it already on hardware level
Galaxy S
Just had a chat with Samsung rep. They wanted me to try to backup my phone data and do factory reset. If that'll not work I have to bring my phone to the service center. No guarantees.
Galaxy S
please follow recommended steps, make sure take note reference number when you had a chat with support rep then bring to authorized samsung service center
ahd06
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
if the reset didnt remove the lines thsts an LCD problem. Go to a repair shop near you or just buy a new device. I have a cp that exactly has the same problem. I cant use it anymore because of the appearing lines. It just wouldnt disappear.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
This is a hardware issue, and repairing it is the only way to fix it. Have your phone repaired at the nearest Service Center near you, or call the hotline #GALAXY to voice out your concerns.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/
Galaxy S
Will do. I did the reset to factors settings but just the same. The green vertical line is still there.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello Claire_Philippines,

Thank you for letting us know about your Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra Note 5G screen having issues with green horizontal line after an update.

Really understand your frustration and with that allow us to assist you in order to restore your Samsung device back to its optimal working condition.

As per most of our dear Samsung members replies, you may bring your device to the nearest Samsung Authorized Service Center immediately.

https://www.samsung.com/ph/support/service-center/ 

Hope your problem gets solved soon.

0 Likes
Solution
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
bring it to the nearest service center i had my s20 PLUS with the same issue but they have took care of it like I just bought it yesterday.. initially it was qouted for almost 13k but once they have confirmed that it was not cause by accidental drop or liquid there will be no charge. for a repair kudos to pampanga service center customer service thank you