cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Original topic:

Green vertical line Appearing on Screen (SG ๐Ÿ‡ธ๐Ÿ‡ฌ)

(Topic created on: 06-07-2022 10:42 AM)
jules_001
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi the same on-going issue (I guess finally) happened to my S20+ as well. The green vertical line just appeared this morning on my screen. And tried all the solutions recommended but doesn't yield any resolution. So definitely a hardware issue and as per the community, this happened after the latest software update. Again not sure if my warranty still stands, at this rate Samsung should be addressing this issue (so far my phone has been functioning very well and very well protected).

Update: the lines became 2 in a span of less than 24hrs 

First line appeared at around 7:00am

2nd line appeared at around 10:10pm

At this rate Samsung is going to lose a lot of consumers if they are not addressing this issue and blaming it on third party apps๐Ÿ˜’

47 Comments
Bobby_91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi. What's the software version that you updated your phone to and causing this?
0 Likes
jules_001
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
The 4.1 UI version
Bobby_91
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Thanks. Hope Samsung can rectify this issue soon. I do see many people having this issue here.
Members_G0NWM4w
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

same issue sigh sigh sigh 

the green line will first appear

then after one week, the whole phone will have the flickering screen and it no longer can work

went to the service center and they said no warranty so repair have to pay

this is crazy i bought the phone during covid ....... its less than 2 years

so many people are saying its a hardware issue and yet samsung is not going to do anything about it. this is.... and sigh I WAS a true blue samsung phone fan

Samplus
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
If u look at Ali express, u will find second hand display and there are thousands of s20 having this issue and Samsung can't have another note 7 fiasco. They can bankrupt soon.
SamsungSIMP
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sad
0 Likes
Members_cYBYNqo
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same issue. Just happened today without any dropping or liquids. Only used the phone for less then 6 months but bought it 1.5 yeara ago so out of warranty period. 

Was quoted over S$400 just to fix the screen from the service center. 

If this is such a prevalent issue , then u should at least waive your " labor charges" of $50. How do u expect people to pay for an issue that is quite obviously caused not caused by themselves ? 

Samplus
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Headache.. Now the screen is not responding well....
0 Likes
stella123
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Same. I also faced the same green line issue on the display screen since last Tuesday.
0 Likes