Did you mean: 

Original topic:

GREEN VERTICAL LINE S20+

(Topic created on: 04-18-2022 11:19 PM)
helloquittie
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

All of a sudden my 16 months old  phone had a  bright green vertical line near front camera.  No history of drop or submerged into any form of liquid. I have taken good care of this unit! NO SCRATCHES, NO DENTS, EVEN HAS ITS FREE SCREEN PROTECTOR FROM 2020,  AND PLASTIC FILM AT THE BACK! I've have read here, facebook groups, twitter and watched videos in you tube about the same incident.   Immediately scheduled an appointment to the nearest service center  and Viola! Since it is out of warranty, i need to pay a freakin' PHP 12,000 to have my phone fixed! Even if this problem is a known issue for Galaxy S20 line which is UNACCEPTABLE! I am willing to pay the cost if it was my fault! 

I am  expecting that a PHP 38,000  Samsung cell phone  (OCTOBER 2020 price) will be durable!!!!! what a waste of money.

In addition, If you  choose to have it repaired,  the unit will just have 3 months warranty after repair, with no guarantee from the service center that it wont happen again.  THIS IS  SO DISAPPOINTING! PHP 12000 is price of a brand new phone!!!! 

17 Comments
Galaxy S
samsung gotchu just go to nearest service center, one in megamall has many s20 users that flocked last saturday for said free of charge repair
xHadess
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Free lang po talaga?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
yes as long walang miss handling sa unit
0 Likes
xHadess
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Copy sir. Punta nako ngayon sa Megamall
0 Likes
helloquittie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S

I went to Greenhills service center last Saturday April 16 2022.  Staff did not even bother to touch my phone, also she said  no techinician was available.

Chat support advised today April 19 to go to another service center.  They booked me an appointment, contacted the service center and gave  me reference number.  Hope all goes well.

Galaxy S
better go sc in sm north/mega /grand central
0 Likes
Galaxy S
its all good , its a waitimg game na lang,and congrats like bnew s20+
0 Likes
Members_vw4MmVI
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi! I have the same issue may green line sa screen are your phones still under warranty? If not how did you get the repair for free? I dont have any other proof of purchase since i bought this as second hand but its as smooth as new and nag start lang ung green line after the update

0 Likes
helloquittie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
just a quick update...
April 21 scheduled booked by Samsung Chat support at Raycon Marcos Highway.. Chat support MS. Sundae gave me a reference number to show the SC to have my unit assessed and i quote " so they can grant your FOC request".. to cut the story short, i went there showed the ref number, staff said the reference number is just for them to accommodate me, NO instruction or info from Samsung Chat support regarding my unit kahit sabi nya "our team will be coordinating with the service center". left my phone there still subject for approval yung FOC request as per SC staff. April 24 still no update from the service center kahit sabi sa akin 2-3 days lang ang assessment.. (I know close sila pag sunday.. pero upto 6pm sila pag saturday. so kahit papano nag expect ako ng update) tapos need ko pa magbayad ng php 450 kahit sabi ng Samsung chat support walang bayad yung assessment ng unit kasi tinanong ko yun eh ang sagot sakin "yes, we will be providing you a reference number so they will grant your FREE of charge request". sharing my convo with chat support na din.20220419_143430.jpg20220419_145251.jpg20220419_145304.jpg20220419_145311.jpg