Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Green Vertical Line

(Topic created on: 07-01-2022 10:25 PM)
Elaiz
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Any suggestions on how to get rid of this issue? Using Samsung S21 Ultra 5g.
0 Likes
Elaiz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
They replaced my screen and battery for free kase under my SAMSUNG CARE PLUS INSURANCE. Luckily naka register pala ako nun few weeks nabili ko yung phone ko. 2 years ang warranty kaya free lahat ng repairs.
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Is the screen OK?
0 Likes
Elaiz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeah good as new. But still observe ko pa mai warranty naman 3 months.
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
Ok. Update us if you have issues.
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
This is a common issue with Galaxy S20 series, but I've never seen this issue with Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.
0 Likes
HRMTan
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I got green vertical line last June 6 after a week or two from my last software update. No physical damage (cracks or liquid damage) I monitor and read some articles from google and I found out that this has been an issue for s20+ in a while I even chat the live chat of samsung they advise to reboot, or do factory reset which I dont have time to do since I need to back up my files. Last week of June 2022, I receive a notification of software update so I did wishing that the line might disappear and viola, I GOT 2 LINES NOW, ONE GREEN AND ONE PINK. This time I visit the service center of samsung (SM North Edsa) last June 30,2022. And I got news today, they're charging me 11K for the LCD saying that this is parts break down. I reach out that I know that this has been an issue for this specific model and do I need to pay for the parts replacement eventhough its not a client's fault? The representative said : "Ma'am, last month pa kasi nag expire yung memo na kapag free of charge ang repair sa s20+" and then I said: "How come ngayon hindi na free of charge e same concern lang naman?" Yun daw po ang memo sa kanila. This is super unfair! Samsung PH and Samsung itself didn't release a memo regarding this issue and there has been a memo that if pinagawa mo yung unit on a certain period free of charge ka. 

Kung may recall ang mga units they should have release a campaign for it kahit nga silent campaign e. So disappointing.

0 Likes
Elaiz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Mostly talaga maraming issues sa green line this June and reason is after nang update. Tomorrow pa yung schedule ko ng appointment sa service center and see kung advice nila. Pina change mo ba ng LCD yung sayo?
0 Likes
JOKART
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

I have s20+..

1st green line appeared after i updated video editor. I tried factory reset but green line still stays. NO LUCK..

No choice but continue using S20+..

Then yesterday, as i clicked on messenger, it updated automatically..

2nd faint green line appears..

After the messenger update..

Solid 2nd green line appears..

Just 20 minutes ago, i tried to play mp3 via VLC..

Again, s20+ updates...

Now i have 3 solid green lines..

I have no choice but to go to settings and turn off AUTO UPDATE.

Software Updates should be helping out users not DESTROY Flagship phones..

I have been using Samsung for years..I have no problem..but this s20+ is annoying..

0 Likes
Elaiz
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Did you bring your phone to SC? They replaced mine for free kase naka avail ako ng insurance ng Samsung care plus. Sana hindi ka nag factory reset kase yung yung tinitingnan nang SC para mai proof na dahil talaga sa software update yung green line. Ganun sabi nila sakin buti nalang mai insurance ako.
0 Likes
JOKART
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Good that they fixed your s20+..

There's a bug on their software. They need to solve this issue. 

Have they updated your firmware? 

Pls turn off Auto-updates just in case this problem still continue in the future.

This samsung green line thing has been happening since last year as being posted by other users. 

0 Likes