Original topic:

Hearing Aid Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 04-16-2021 11:33 AM)
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
I have a Bluetooth capable set of hearing aids that I've been using well before I got this s20fe.  I'm finding that the audio reception is crackling & originally thought that other users phones were at fault. I'm finding after several tests that is in fact this phone's Bluetooth connection which seems to be faulty.

I've switched back to my previous LG G6 phone temporarily to test whether it was the hearing aids that were at fault, and found that they worked perfectly in the Android 9 version. I have the most recent UI updated on this phone (Android 11), have wiped out the cache and rebooted the phone, and still am having this crackling audio issue with the Bluetooth when I speak to anyone on the phone using these hearing aids.

Is anyone out there aware of what might be causing this problem on the s20fe & is there a way to fix it?

Thanks,
Mark
0 Likes
7 Comments
Halston
Options
Galaxy S

Hi Mmmark,

Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canad.

Please Perform clear cache and clear data for the Bluetooth. Follow the below steps:

Open Settings >> Tap Apps >> Tap the More settings icon (three-dot icon, upper right) >> Tap Show system apps >> Find and tap the Bluetooth app >> Tap Storage >> Tap Clear cache button and Clear Data Button.

If the issue still persists then you can Reset Network Settings:
Go to Settings>> General Management>>Reset>>Reset Network Settings>>Reset settings.

Restart the device and check for the problem.

This will reset all network settings, including those for Wi-Fi, Mobile Data, Bluetooth.

0 Likes
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi Halston,
Thank you for yr reply on this issue. Unfortunately, I tried both of yr suggestions & neither of them worked. Any other suggestions wd be appreciated.

On a further note here, this crackling noise only happens when I use the phone app. All other media sounds to my hearing aids work fine & stream very clearly. I've tried adjusting a number of settings in the app w no success (i.e. set no tty, no hearing aid support in enhancements, etc)

Thx,
Mark
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
I've had S20FE phone for 2 now & continue to hv Bluetooth issues w phone calls primarily. Although hearg aids r connected to some phone apps, it now won't allow me to use for phone calls & audio. Any ideas on how to resolve? Now beyond 15 day trial for this phone w carrier. Shd I poss send to Samsung as warranty issue?
0 Likes
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Hv had for 2 months now
0 Likes
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Once again I've had to uninstall all my Bluetooth devices and reinstall to get things working again. In the process I somehow lost a few placed icons that were set up from installed apps & also saw several of my global phone settings chgd?? I'm hoping this is the last frustratg exper I hv w this issue & this new S20FE phone. For members interested, I will post again in the future to advise if resolved.
0 Likes
Mmmark
Active Level 2
Galaxy S
Further to my last post, I continue to have issues w bluetooth & my hearg aids on this S20 FE, however I've learned to deal w it as disconn occurs. I've had a few incidents where I have to reset the devices again in the settings. Also, the call clarity is nowhere near as good as what I had with my LG G6 phone previously, however this could be due to the hearing aids software (EasyLine Remote) interaction with S20FE Android ver 11 vs ver 9 on the LG. Will continue to post if situation chgs, for better or worse.
0 Likes
tonib
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

same issue. Mine mostly occurs when I first remove the hearing aids from the charger. hooked to Moto phone no prob. Widex says it could be my Galaxy watch and to turn off the watch for awhile to see if it goes away

0 Likes