Original topic:

Heavy Battery Draining & Camera focus issue on S21 Ultra after Android 13 update

(Topic created on: 12-25-2022 03:27 PM)
Ravi3029
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Hi Team,

Anyone having issues with heavy battery draining and Camera out of focus issue Samsung S21 Ultra 5G device post Android 13 Update?

My Device SOT has been reduced from 7+ plus hours to 4+ hours almost 40% reduction in the battery life and another issue with back main camera always captures blurry image's in 1× and 2x. Where as the ultra wide and Telephoto are still capturing good pictures.

Any solutions to address the battery draining and Camera out of focus issue? So far I have installed the December 2022 security update and wiped the whole device and performed factory reset but still no luck.

Thinking could that be a bug in the OS and wide spread issue? Or it's only the unlucky one became the victim of the software and security updates.

6 Comments
Anisays42
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yeha after the new andriod update i presume any and all temp files are deleted these also include diagnostic data and accumalted data for your adaptive battery settings. Hence your phone behaves like a new out of a box phone and consues extra battery intially trying to underatqnd your usage patters this happens.
0 Likes
Anisays42
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
The camera out of focus issue is beyond me. For now, check if the adaptive battery is turned on and sit tight for more patches and release if none of them works I suggest installing a new image of andriod 12 and reinstalling Andriod 13 again.
0 Likes
lis33e
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
S21+ here- since update the phone's a complete mess. Have reset, tried a bunch of suggested things to no avail.
0 Likes
Miquel83
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Same problem, neither factors reset solve it.

knocker
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
My phone battery is flat noticeable quicker
Members_IY5H3mV
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Since the recent update my Samsung s21 battery is drained within 20mins of use and it's taking 2 days to charge, I've done all the powersaving, switching it to sleep mode and it still drains. 

0 Likes