Original topic:

Help! Do i have an anitvirus on this phone?

(Topic created on: 12-19-2021 10:41 AM)
WenPC
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Im confused. I think on my last phone we had a Samsung App where i could check for viruses.. do i not have that now on the S21+ ?
Lord help me.. this 21 is testing me 
I recently took it to a mobile klinik and nothing wrong they said. Then i talked to Samsung to get it looked at. Sent ut to Ottawa?! And apparently they replaced the whole motherboard.. 🤔. I still have lots of issues.. ugh...but today its about antivirus? I downloaded AVG.. do i need that?
0 Likes
12 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi WenPC, Could you elaborate what are the issues you are facing with the device?

0 Likes
WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Omg too many to list.. i have a guy at Samsung i have been messaging to help.. tho..
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Generally speaking, you don't need any antivirus software on Android & you certainly don't need AVG. 

If you really want to use an antivirus, you should still have the included antivirus in Device Care, but you would have to activate it. 

With the boom in Mobile device sales over the last decade, antivirus companies have seen it as an opportunity to make money, just remember that.

I've never used any antivirus apps, or the one included with Samsung, & never, ever had any issues.

If Samsung replaced the motherboard, that points to a hardware issue, which may have given you the impression that your device had a virus, rather than a hardware issue. 

WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Ok great ty
0 Likes
WenPC
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Found it yay!!
Galaxy S
What would if my brat kids visited a R site and I think there's a problem with my phone, how do I fix. Signed Mr frustrated 😠 😡
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Even if your kids visited an adult site, Android is quite unlikely to get a virus, but if you believe that it has a virus.. First change ALL your passwords, enable 2-Step verification and then if it was my device, I'd Backup with Smart Switch & Factory Reset. 

0 Likes
Galaxy S
What do I smart switch with and if I was to smart switch to a new phone would it get a virus as well
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Smart Switch is an app available from both the Galaxy Store & the Play Store. I've attached a screenshot of the app here.

If you're considering getting a new phone, because you think that your current device might a virus, that's totally unnecessary. Changing all your passwords, enabling 2-Step verification & a Factory Reset are really all you need to do.

If you're asking if you Restored your Smart Switch backup to a new phone, would you be restoring a virus, not likely, but possible.

You could always start with a fresh setup of the device. But you could still restore photos etc.

Oops, sorry forgot the screen shot.

Screenshot_20220507_142434.jpg