Original topic:

Help for WhatsApp

(Topic created on: 06-11-2020 09:37 AM)
TheMacine
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Hi there, long story short I had a S9+ everything was fine. Ever since I upgraded to the S20+ the one thing that is bothering me the most is WhatsApp, when I try to upload a video it takes forever for it to upload and when I play the video it goes way to fast, then less than half way the video is done but the voice is still going at a normal pace. I tried deleting and re-downloading it, I tried restarting my phone, I went to device care and nothing. I thought maybe because it was the VPN but I even turned it off restarted the uploading process and still the exact samething. I know it's not the phones fault it may could be the app itself but I currently work at a cellphone industry I can notice small issues from one phone to the other and my previous phone never happened before. Please help me fix this issue.
0 Likes
10 Comments
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

HI TheMacine,

Please make sure that you have a good internet connection as it slows down the upload process. I also suggest you to try uploading videos of different sizes and also try disabling the VPN and use a different wifi network. 

0 Likes
TheMacine
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Yeah my internet is fine no problems. I did turn off my VPN and used my data but it is still not working
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Galaxy S

Thanks Tallman and lustik.

Hi TheMacine, The maximum file size allowed for all media (photos, videos or voice messages) to be sent or forwarded through WhatsApp is 16 MB on all platforms. Please try with media files with less than 16 MB and check if you are facing the same issue. If you are facing issues with a particular video, then please check if the file format is supported by Whatsapp.

TheMacine
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
OMG THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! You helped me figure out the problem!!! I must have recorded somethings that are high resolution or something and that one video might have something to do with it
Galaxy S
Do you mean from day 1, the Whatsapp already acting like this on S20+? Or the Whatsapp on S20+ was working, recently start acting wierd?
0 Likes
TheMacine
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Good point, no I believe during I had it.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Ok, let's try this and see if this help.

Open Settings → Apps→ Whatsapp → Storage

Click clear data and clear cache

Try Whatapp again and see if the problem still exist.
0 Likes
TheMacine
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Hey none seemed to work. I even tried contacting whatsapp but they kept telling me that it is my wifi that's the problem but I know it is not because my family is also connected to this wifi and they aren't experiencing this problem
0 Likes
lustik
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
try uninstaling the app and then reinstall it and see if that fixes it
0 Likes