Original topic:

Help plz Best way to connect to Windows Galaxy S21 Ultra +

(Topic created on: 06-14-2022 12:18 PM)
muskokacam
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
Looking for the easiest way to connect my Galaxy S21 Ultra+ to PC Windows 10.
I would like to have phone's contents visible and accessible on my PC screen and hope to be able to transfer phone saves etc to my PC using the same technique/manner.
Thnx Cameron 
4 Comments
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, you can access only multimedia content on PC.

If you want to transfer data, Smart switch software can be used to backup the phone data to PC.

please visit the below link to connect your Galaxy S21 Ultra to Windows 10.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-use-smart-switch-to-transfer-content-...

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Hi muskokacam, there are 2 ways to connect your S21 Ultra with your Windows 10.

1. Link to Windows

- You can turn on from Settings -> Advanced features -> Link to Windows

Then from your Windows 10, Open Settings, search Link your phone. You can hook up with your phone with Windows 10 there. You will able to see your phone and manage Text Message, Gallery and even open your phone app. You can copy and  paste files between 2 devices.

- You can also enable DeX on Windows desktop too. You need to go to

Samsung DeX | Apps & Services | Samsung CA

Install the DeX software for Windows. Then use the USB cable plugin to your S21 Ultra. You can have DeX running on your desktop. You can manage your phone with desktop experience. You can also drag and drop files between 2 devices too.

Hope these suggestions help.

0 Likes
muskokacam
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thnx they did. Which one do you find more user friendly? Does one have more features than another?
0 Likes
Galaxy S
Personally, I like DeX more than Link to Windows. Link to Windows require you to have computer and phone on the same network. This will rely on the wireless network performance. If the WiFi is so, link to windows performance is slow too. You can't do this on public hotspots too. Another draw back is battery goes pretty fast if you are not charging it. I would say it is easy to use. If you try to open app, it actually open app like on your phone. Just not convenience when you are not in your home network.

DeX, I use USB cable for connection (fast and stable 😊). USB cable will also charge my phone too. And I can access my phone storage from explorer. The UI also easy to use and also support drag and drop. Only thing that may complain is...not every app may open correctly, for instance, facebook app not working good in DeX mode and screen resolution not support 4K.

For the features, both about the same and both can manage the phone easily while using Windows. I have been using desktop DeX for few years now almost everyday. Love it when you are talking on the phone using Buds Live, checking Calendar on the phone, then copy files from PC to phone. Texting with other people and whatsapp with friends at the same time. All can be done at the same time.

Link to Windows need to be on the same network. Can't use it in hotspots. Desktop DeX with USB cable, I can use it anywhere without network too. And I can use my phone as a hotspot for my laptop. I just like this combination, works for me. I know some other members like using DeX docking too. But not my style 😜.
0 Likes