Original topic:

HELP! Samsung Notes App

(Topic created on: 12-18-2022 08:20 PM)
Lulu55
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
👋 I'm new to the community and am here seeking your help! My Samsung Notes app will not open since the software update on 13 December. I click on the icon, it flashes open and then closes. When holding down on the icon, I can actually create a new note and save it, but I cannot open the app to view it. When going to the settings to manage folders, I can see how many notes I have, but cannot open the app to view them. These notes are unfortunately not backed up on the cloud. How can I access or view them? I have tried everything, from clearing the cache, resetting app settings, restarting the device, etc. I do not want to reinstall the app, as I do not want to lose the existing notes. Please help as these notes have important info! 🙏 
17 Comments
gman72
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Some people have experienced the same problem. Here are a list of different fixes that others have used. Try them and let us know if any worked.
https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-samsung-notes-app-not-working/
0 Likes
Lulu55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Thank you for the advice, but I have done this as well and nothing has worked.
0 Likes
Galaxy S
If you tried all above suggestion, you may want to try Wipe Cache Partition.

- Power off your phone
- Press and hold vol up and power key until you are in recovery mode
- use vol up and down to navigate
- select Wipe Cache Partition
- press power key to confirm
- click yes
- click reboot system
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we are sorry about that your'e facing this issue after the software update.

Have you tried the steps by Tallman to perform Wipe cache partition and verify if it resolves the issue?

Lulu55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi Helenna, I will try Tallmans recommendation and get back to you! Thank you so much for checking! :)
Lulu55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Hi Helenna, I did the wipe cache partition and it still doesn't work. Can I uninstall the software update or something?
0 Likes
rainydog
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Have you fixed this issue? The same thing is happening to me and I cannot fix it
0 Likes
Lulu55
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Nope, did not work...
0 Likes
gman72
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Sounds like one of the notes may still be using the old style. Can you get into the settings and convert them all to the new style?
0 Likes