Original topic:

Hi

(Topic created on: 11-26-2022 01:36 PM)
ladyhawke
Active Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Quick question....can I take Bixby off my phone and watch...just delete it. 
0 Likes
13 Comments
Galaxy S
I think you can disable it, but not delete it.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Yes you can Absolutely Disable Bixby on your phone, either through settings or a package Disabler from the Play Store, or adb commands. I would imagine that you can disable it on your watch as well.

Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, while you can't remove Bixby from your phone, there are some things you can do if you want to stop using it so that Bixby will stop popping up.

Note: Removing your Samsung account from the phone will remove and reset your existing Bixby data.

Bixby won't work again until you set it up again. We suggest to perform these steps:

To reset Bixby, navigate to and open Settings.

Tap Apps, and then swipe to and select Bixby Voice

. Tap Storage, and then tap Clear data. Tap OK to confirm, but remember, all your previous Bixby data will be reset. Next, tap Clear cache to completely refresh Bixby.

Now when you press the Bixby key, Bixby's initial setup screen will appear, but it won't ask for voice commands unless you go through the setup process.

If needed, go through the setup process to get Bixby working again.

0 Likes
ladyhawke
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Thanks all
sqweesis
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
Hi I have a Samsung Galaxy I only use it for pics to keep and I'm giving this Samsung phone to my brother so theres pics and videos I need to take out of this phone how do I put them in memory stick please
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Easiest way, connect your phone to your computer & copy the images to your computer. You could then transfer the images to a memory stick.

If you don't have a computer, then you could use an OTG to transfer them directly to a memory stick. 

0 Likes
Gtkx
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I'm still using the S8 and managed to get rid of Bixby thru setup a few months ago but like a bad smell in the fridge it came back with its incessant nags to set it up. The single one thing that would drive me to apple for my next phone is Bixby so why not just make it uninstallable for keeps?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You could use adb commands, or a Package disabler to permanently disable Bixby. 

Gtkx
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Sorry. What are adb commands?
0 Likes