Original topic:

Home screen ads

(Topic created on: 07-27-2017 08:15 PM)
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
I really hope someone has any info on this because this is the second time I'm gonna have to hard reset my phone and its driving me insane. Today I've been getting random ads on my home screen with a really sketchy opt out page that tells you to download an app or input your IMEI number on the page to make the ads go away. All my apps are from Google play market so I don't know why this is happening. Ive checked running services in dev mode, deleted newly installed apps, tried air push detector and addons detector to no avail. This is the first time I've had this problem and its making me want to get rid of my phone, hell I feel like I should. Please tell me someone has a fix besides a hard reset 😭 50cbeca5-0e6d-404b-9e79-d73a9afb5ec6.jpg
e901ddb9-c7e1-4c56-aaee-c07fdf9c00c9.jpg
0 Likes
22 Comments
Jmak
Active Level 10
Galaxy S
Is your problem fixed?
0 Likes
Moderator_
Options
Galaxy S
Hey @unofficialQA, were you able to resolve this issue after a factory reset?

-Nick
0 Likes
unofficialQA
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Yes, a factory reset did fix the issue but now I'm gonna keep an rue out on how I pick it up so I can report it back here, I'm pretty sure it was DianXin because id delete it but it'd come back. I'll try to verify this in the hopes that files like this can be detected and blocked by samsung.
0 Likes