Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

How to update apps in the secure folder

(Topic created on: 03-01-2023 01:33 PM)
sekito
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
I have copies apps into the secure folder and setup. Everything is great in theory except that you cannot update them.

Firstly you can't update the app on the outside and hope that the inside gets updated. And then when finally the app says you need to update it opens Google Play from within the folder.

And that is the problem. You are either not signed in and you're not allowed to update, or you are signed in. If you are signed in then you get your Gmail and everything syncing up within the folder as well as outside the folder. You get two of every single Google notification.

not user-friendly at all

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Members_K0G7lUG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thank you Claudette,

It took some lateral thinking .

Steps to achieve this outcome :

1. Click + symbol - (this is confusing it has text already populated - expand the text and you'll find the "play store options" etc )

2, Sign in to your Play store account.

this all occurs inside the Secure app

Once signed in - use the play app as normal.

N.B. The apps that I hold in my secure folder ( are Uninstalled outside of Secure Folder) these did not show up in play store search outside of the folder.

Thanks Claudette, a quick solution with a great result.

Warmest regards

View solution in context

4 Comments
sekito
Active Level 6
Galaxy S
I still cannot see any solution to this and having the same Google login in Inside and outside the folder kind of defeats the purpose of having the folder
0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @sekito 

I have done some searching and the only way I can see to update apps in the secure folder is too go into the app store through the secure folder, search the app you want to update and  update it through that.

If that doesn't work then the only other way I can think of is deleting the app  and redownloading it. 

I hope this helps. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes
Solution
Members_K0G7lUG
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Thank you Claudette,

It took some lateral thinking .

Steps to achieve this outcome :

1. Click + symbol - (this is confusing it has text already populated - expand the text and you'll find the "play store options" etc )

2, Sign in to your Play store account.

this all occurs inside the Secure app

Once signed in - use the play app as normal.

N.B. The apps that I hold in my secure folder ( are Uninstalled outside of Secure Folder) these did not show up in play store search outside of the folder.

Thanks Claudette, a quick solution with a great result.

Warmest regards

SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hey @Members_K0G7lUG 

I am glad your where able to find a solution. Thank you for sharing. 

0 Likes