Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Hydrogel or tempered glass

(Topic created on: 12-08-2021 08:14 PM)
cheesefries
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
Hi guys what do you prefer on your phone hydrogel or tempered glass to protect your screen? Can anyone suggest your thoughts what is the best to use? My phone had edge.

Thankyou❤
13 Comments
Galaxy S
Since my screen is curved, it's really hard to find a working protector for it either a tempered glass or a hydrogel one. Beware of using those generic tempered glass, Ultrasonic Fingerprint Scanners won't work in those. I've read those with some adhesive (called Dome Glass by some) works for the UFPS. The hydrogel ones works but installing them is a pain in my part and also I don't like the texture of the screen when I'm using those.

Until now I'm still stuck with the stock screen protector my device came with. I'm careful with my belongings, I'm just hoping I will not be dropping it though.
cheesefries
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm scared to dropped my phone😔 what case do you have?
Galaxy S
I only have a wingcase, it's also a very thin case because I like it to be minimalist. Risktaker here. 😆
0 Likes
Galaxy S
I have used 2 units with curved screens so far and I found that Ringke's screen film works well.
0 Likes
SamsungRightCare
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy S

Hello there, cheesefries! In my opinion, most people are probably best off with a tempered glass protector. They have the smoothest feel, prevent the most damage, and are available at pretty decent prices. 

For more informations you may check out this link; 

https://www.theandroidportal.com/hydrogel-screen-protector-vs-tempered-glass/ 

Hope to have helped you. Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.  Stay safe and have a nice day ahead! 

TeamGalaxyDD
Options
Galaxy S

Hey cheesefries,

Personally, I prefer using a rugged case with raised bezels over screen protectors - it just feels better, plus I don't have to sacrifice screen responsiveness for protection! 

However if you must, choose tempered glass and make sure it's compatible with your phone's fingerprint scanner :) 

cheesefries
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Noted😊 thankyou.
0 Likes
ceebeebee
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Matte 😄
cheesefries
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Sabi po nila yong Matte hindi okey kapag pawisin yong kamay? Is it true?
0 Likes