Original topic:

I'm in trouble!

(Topic created on: 08-22-2022 12:36 PM)
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
My phone (S10+) doesn't recognize me!!!
I've had this same phone for YEARS! I've used the same email account for years! I haven't changed my Google or Samsung password in years! It won't accept it. It won't let me change it. It sends me a code by text. Okay, but then also wants to send a code by email.. but obviously, I can't access my email!!! 
I can't get into my Google account.
I can't get into my email account. 
What the **bleep** can I possibly do here???
Help... please!
0 Likes
29 Comments
Axton
Options
Galaxy S

Hi,  just to confirm, did you try to login to Google account on PC ?

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

If Google is verifying your identity by text, then it should NOT want you to verify your email.

You can try removing your Google & Samsung accounts from your device, Reboot & try logging into your email accounts again. 

ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Hi RedDog.. I couldn't figure out why it said it was sending an email, but after trying to log into my account several times it kelp doing the same thing! I never thought about removing these accounts.. that's kind of scary actually but, guess I could try that!

Axton, I plan to try getting into my account on my computer as soon as I get where I can access WiFi!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I get that the thought of removing your Google accounts, could be a bit unsettling, but if you think of it this way, when you first received your device, it did not have any of your information on it. 

So you won't actually lose anything, because you will be adding your accounts back to the device. 

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Okay, on a frustration level between 1-10.. I'm at 15++
I removed the gMail widget, but have no idea as to how to remove the program! Don't know how to go about removing the Google, or Samsung programs either! Unless I'm just not seeing the obvious.. I can't find the "delete" button! "Remove" removes the widget. There is a "disable", but I can find no "uninstall" for these programs!
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Go to Settings > Accounts & Backup > Manage Accounts > Click on your Gmail Account & Click on "Remove".

Do the same for your Samsung Account, Click on your Samsung Email account & Click on "Remove". 

& Reboot

You don't have to Uninstall or Remove / Delete the Gmail app or Samsung Email.

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Um.. this is not good! I mean, I have a lot of info there, contact info that I don't know how I'd get back! I get I gotta do it I guess, but.. really?Screenshot_20220822-153109_Settings_23555_1661196696.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

The thing is that you can't access it now anyway. It's not deleting anything from your account, just your device.

If you have a Recovery Email Address for a "Forgotten Password", you can use that.

You can also try getting Google to send you another Verification Text.

Again, you are only removing your access to your information from the device, which you can't currently access anyway, NOT your account.

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Okay, I get it (I think)! Couple of things tho.. I CAN access my mail, just not send or receive. My recovery email addy?.. they're not recognizing it!! Send another text?.. they say I used all the chances they'll give me! Bottom line.. I'm going to trust you, and I'm going to delete delete delete!
Stay tuned 😉
0 Likes