Original topic:

I'm in trouble!

(Topic created on: 08-21-2022 04:57 PM)
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
My phone (S10+) doesn't recognize me!!!
I've had this same phone for YEARS! I've used the same email account for years! I haven't changed my Google or Samsung password in years! It won't accept it. It won't let me change it. It sends me a code by text. Okay, but then also wants to send a code by email.. but obviously, I can't access my email!!! 
I can't get into my Google account.
I can't get into my email account. 
What the **bleep** can I possibly do here???
Help... please!
0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh, me again.. I removed the gMail account, but as I was about to ditto the Samsung one it dawned on me.. perhaps it wouldn't hurt to backup my phone!! You know, like, for.. just in case! Those warnings freak me out! I use my phone like my truck.. gas, brake, steering wheel (& stereo), but I have no idea WHY it works! I need about 3 gbs, and I'll have to wait till my next billing period.. SO.. I'm going to get back to ya on the 29th!
For all your time and help today.. much thanks 😁😉🙂🤪
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm totally lost and confused here! I did the "click on remove" to my Gmail account before thinking of backing up my phone.. BIG mistake! (Putting my life on this thing over paper was a HUGE mistake)! Okay, Gmail is gone.. but why did that affect my contacts? I don't know from widgets.. I just use them, but if I lose everything in them I'm screwed. My "Contacts" widget is empty!! But I have contacts under my "Phone" widget! SO.. do I still have all my contact information or not? I admit it.. I'm not just frustrated, I'm scared. I wasn't thinking clearly yesterday about doing the back up.. I'm going to go into town to use the WiFi there today. But, have I already lost what is most important to me.. my contacts?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Your Contacts are not lost! They should be Synced with your Google account.

You just need to be able to login to your Google account, & you will see your Contacts are still there. You don't have to backup your Contacts, as they are automatically Synced with your Google account.

Have you been able to login to your Gmail yet?

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Ah RedDog, I'm so confused here. I haven't tried logging in again cause I thought I just deleted it! But, I did try just before I hit the remove button and it denied me as usual. And I don't understand the Google account anymore than anything else on here, and it doesn't allow me to use that either! Anyhoo, I don't have enough data left to do a full backup, and don't have WiFi here at the farm, so will hit the library as soon as it opens. But hey.. I am ever so glad you're there!, cause I obviously have no clue what I'm doing! As Arnold would say.. I'll be back!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Really don't think that you need to worry about losing your Contacts, but you do NEED to be able to login to your Google account.

Try the Text Verification again, and you should also see a "forgotten password" option with some other possible password recovery options, ie: an other email address, or some questions that you might be able to answer, which can be used to verify your identity.

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh, my bad.. I just checked and I CAN access my Google account! Have no idea how that happened today when it didn't yesterday, but I'm happy! I should still do the backup tho, right? Yes, I think so! But I'm just an old country girl easily confused.. like, why do I have an empty Contacts widget?, but can find them under the Phone widget? I suppose all will be better after I backup, remove, then restart this thing. I'll be back! (Ya gotta love ole Arnold!)
0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I'm ba-ack! Should I tell you how great you are now?, or wait till the very end? 😘 I have my Google account working just fine, and my gMail is back! Yeah!
But... How do I get my contacts back in my "Contacts"?, and
How do I get a Gmail widget back? Minor issues to be sure, but everything turned out just like you said it would, and I couldn't be happier or more appreciative. I'd just really like those two things back where they belong! One last helpful advice for this pathetic excuse for a Samsung phone user? Pretty please 🙏!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

You are too kind 🙇

For your Contacts, Click on the Contact Icon > Click on the 3 dot menu Left side (looks different on my device)

23 August 2022 121715 GMT-0400.png

Then Click where you see the Top arrow & if it's not (probably isn't) select your Google Gmail account) & then Click on "Manage Contacts".

23 August 2022 121800 GMT-0400.png

Now Click on "Sync".

It may take a few minutes to Sync your Google Contacts.

23 August 2022 121816 GMT-0400.jpg

Hopefully this will do the trick.

To get the Gmail Widget back on your Home Screen. If you're using Samsung's One UI Home Launcher, you should just be able to Long Press on an empty part of the screen & Select the Gmail Widget to add it. 

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Oh RedDog.. you know exactly what I'm to do, but I'm obviously not doing it!! Got a gMail widget back, yeah! My contacts? Having a tad more trouble with that.. what the **bleep** am I missing here? What am I doing wrong?
This is a true case of.. it's not you, it's me! 🥴Screenshot_20220823-123600_Contacts.jpgScreenshot_20220823-124151_Contacts.jpg
0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Sorry, forgot to mention.. I'd really like that widget back but don't know how to do that either! When I couldn't get into my mail, I opened a new account.
I'm having a really bad day!
0 Likes