Original topic:

I'm in trouble!

(Topic created on: 08-21-2022 04:57 PM)
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Options
Galaxy S
My phone (S10+) doesn't recognize me!!!
I've had this same phone for YEARS! I've used the same email account for years! I haven't changed my Google or Samsung password in years! It won't accept it. It won't let me change it. It sends me a code by text. Okay, but then also wants to send a code by email.. but obviously, I can't access my email!!! 
I can't get into my Google account.
I can't get into my email account. 
What the **bleep** can I possibly do here???
Help... please!
0 Likes
29 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Your day will get better! 👍☺️🕊

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

In this Screen Shot, you need to change it from "phone" to your Google account. 

So click where it says "phone" to change it to your Google Gmail account. 

The "Sync Error" is likely because you had signed out, so sign back into all your Google accounts. Gmail should be automatic, once you have signed into your Google accounts on your phone. 

Also your Samsung Account, if you signed out of it (them) as well. 

23 August 2022 130728 GMT-0400.png

23 August 2022 130330 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I must be trying your patience to the max, but you're still here with me.. you are too good to me!
I did click on "phone".. then manage accounts, sync contacts, sync! I've done it 3 times, and restarted this phone 3 times. I still have an empty Contacts widget! Oh, I did go and sign back into that other account (that's the one I opened when I couldn't get into my regular one), but it didn't change anything.. still no contacts listed 😕 Screenshot_20220823-134049_Contacts_23577_1661276476.jpg
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Do you have a computer or tablet?

Have you been backing up your device with Smart Switch, Google, or Samsung's Cloud? 

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I have a computer, but had canceled the internet on it. I just backed up this phone this morning, and to show my ignorance once again.. I have no idea where it was backed up to! I have all 3.. Smart Switch, Google One Drive and Samsung Cloud. Would it have automatically gone to one without my stipulating which? And, have you dealt with a dumber blonde than me? 🤪
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

For your computer, you could use your S10 as a "HotSpot" for Internet access, at least briefly without using too much Cell Data.

For Smart Switch, you have to backup manually. 

Google & Samsung Backup *SHOULD*be done automatically. 

But we'll try this first. 

Go to Settings > Google > Scroll down to Setup & Read & Click on it & wait a couple of minutes & check to see if you have your Contacts back 🤞

If not, we'll do the same thing with Samsung's Backup. 

23 August 2022 142941 GMT-0400.jpg

23 August 2022 142953 GMT-0400.jpg

You are doing just fine by the way 👍☺️

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Thank you, I feel it's very untrue, but I appreciate it!

So, I just checked and it was apparently backed up in Samsung. I just did the Google backup, and still no contacts in the Contacts widget! I still have them, under the phone widget only.
If there is nowhere else for me to go with this, I'd have to say I'd be missing you more than my contacts! Screenshot_20220823-144453_Google Play services_23581_1661280462.jpg1661281437216.gif
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

On the Contacts "Icon", is it still showing "Phone"?

If it is, just select your Google account that is showing your Contacts (114).

So if you Click on Contacts & The 3 dot menu Middle Left, it will Show your Google account, instead of "Phone". 

Then I think that's it, unless I missed something? 

Thanks for the "🤗" 🕊

23 August 2022 152348 GMT-0400.png

0 Likes
ajDilligaf
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
I went where you said, clicked a few buttons, got to the right one, and they all just popped right up in front of me.. they magically appeared right back where they're supposed to be!

You are totally amazing, and I really don't have the words. Saying thank you doesn't seem enough, but.. Thank you!

I'm going to miss you RedDog 😔. I've talked to you more than my husband these last 2 days! 😏
Bye 😪
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Happy to help ☺️

Don't hesitate to ask if you need anything else 🙇 🦋

0 Likes