Original topic:

I'm starting to think that the S10 might be Samsung's favourite phone

(Topic created on: 05-05-2020 09:30 PM)
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Options
Galaxy S
They keep making posts on Samsung Newsroom about new features that came to the S10.

There's clearly a team of devs over at Samsung that are making a change in terms of software support, and it makes me think they're taking software support seriously.

And just now, they're advertising it on Samsung Members:

So an intern at Samsung spent the effort to update the website for the Galaxy S10, to say that it has (basically) the same camera features that the Galaxy S20 had:

That's awesome, seriously nice work from Samsung, they've been great at supporting the Galaxy S10 with the latest features! I just hope that they'll give us software updates for longer too.
17 Comments
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S
I saw this too. I think they want to get more sales because people don't want to buy S20 Series, too many problems.

S10 and Note10 are better purchase for customers NOW and like S-Pen is not for everybody So S10 Series is the best choice at large and they are working fine.

I read many places than investors are not happy about the S20 sales
BDTech
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S

It could also be that they want to show a commitment to longer software support, but yeah the S20 sales are not doing too good right now.

I remember during the S20 keynote they said that the S10 would get the S20 features in a future software update, so it was planned from the beginning that's for sure.

Hopefully they'll fix the S20's issues, in the meantime though the S10 definitely seems to be the phone to buy for most people even in 2020.

TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I made a post recently about software support for Samsung devices. in my opinion that should be Samsung's "next big thing". because especially now when Samsung asking crazy money for their new line of devices that are right alongside the prices of iPhones. it only seems only fair to the customer that Samsung supports the devices at least as long as iPhones for 5 years and with more O.S upgrades. if Samsung starts committing to doing that then that would make my decision much easier to stay with Galaxy devices.
Habsfan
Expert Level 2
Galaxy S
the main issue is the cost, not many want to pay around 2 grand for the ultra, especially when the states gets way better pricing and deals for example Samsung will buy buy the phone in two years at 50% where Canada we get 200 air miles lol seriously its a joke and a slap in the face. I'm a huge Samsung fan boy. But the prices of the S20 are crazy high
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
I think for what they are asking for the ultra, they should also make the software an above average experience. an *Ultra* experience. maybe have a dedicated team just to work on the 20 series phones with monthly updates, ui, camera and optimization tweaks. This would probably make the phone more attractive. The fact I'm still on the March security patch after paying $2000 for my phone is absolutely unacceptable.
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
Why on earth are you paying 2000$ ? put it on a monthly and take the savings, it's going to drop probably a quarter in 6 months
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

@Thebigguy86

My Note10plus is the same price I pay in August 2019  ($ 1,459 + tx) and when i bought it Buds and charger were include...but not now...

0 Likes
jamesy
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
@thebigguy86 I have a grandfather plan with virgin. 12gb of data for $62.
0 Likes
thebigguy86
Active Level 7
Galaxy S
then put money upfront and do a trade in