Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Intermittent screen flickering

(Topic created on: 10-11-2021 10:27 PM)
Jnova
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S
Since the last update my phone screen will flicker for a fraction of a second at random intervals. If I'm watching a YouTube video full screen it will switch to portrait mode, if I'm texting my keyboard will vanish for that moment, if I'm watching using a video app the UI will pop up when it happens.

It happens in safe mode, it happens after I've cleared the cache as well. 

Am I the only one with this issue? Are there any solutions for this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It *SOUNDS* like the UI glitch caused by Samsung Messages pop-up.

Try this, go to settings > apps search for Samsung Messages >  click it & scroll down to "Allow to Appear on Top" & Toggle it OFF.

See if that fixes the issue for you. 

View solution in context

15 Comments
Solution
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

It *SOUNDS* like the UI glitch caused by Samsung Messages pop-up.

Try this, go to settings > apps search for Samsung Messages >  click it & scroll down to "Allow to Appear on Top" & Toggle it OFF.

See if that fixes the issue for you. 

Jnova
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S
So I tired your solution and it worked! Thank you so much! I was getting so frustrated!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Happy that this was the solution for you 🤙

Crooper
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S

Hi, I've tried this, but unfortunately it hasn't worked for me. Do you have any other suggestions? Many thanks.

0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada. Could you try the suggestions given by RedDogRabbit and check if the issue still remains. Thank you for the response, RedDogRabbit.

0 Likes
barlie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
You definitely aren't the only one this is happening to.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Then try my suggestions. If it works for you like the others, maybe Samsung Moderators should "pin" the workaround, until Samsung pushes a fix of their own m

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please keep us posted after performing the steps.

0 Likes
barlie
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
I checked and have something that says messages, not Samsung messages. Is it the same thing? One is texts and the other is for Facebook messenger
0 Likes