Original topic:

Is eSIM enabled on Canadian S21 series on One UI 4?

(Topic created on: 11-14-2021 06:50 AM)
waqqas31
Active Level 6
Options
Galaxy S
Would anyone be willing to report back soon after the build goes live?  I have a Note 20 Ultra and am pinning my own hopes of getting eSIM support on the S21's fortunes 🙏🏼
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Galaxy S
Thanks. Yes I am aware of that as they had that for a while compared to NA. Even if we get the the esim here it will probably just one physical sim and multiple esim. So far with my TMB note 20 it's one sim and multiple esim
0 Likes
uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
American phones have 1 slot and esim has been disabled until one ui 4 beta so maybe we get it too. International s21s have 2 slots
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

International S21 Ultra has one slot, but a two sided SIM tray. 

uzairm87
Active Level 8
Galaxy S
Lol ya I mean 2 sims can be inserted regardless of how slot is
0 Likes
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, As of now eSIM is not available on Samsung phones. Samsung is working on the update and we request you to keep the device up to date.

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Don't you mean that eSIM isn't available on the CANADIAN Samsung devices.

It IS available on the US Samsung S21 Ultra running One UI Beta V4.0.

Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi RedDogRabbit, I meant to say that eSIM isn't available on Samsung devices in Canada.

0 Likes
Klaus604
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Samsung Canada has confirmed that eSIM will be coming to Canadian Model phones with OneUI 4: https://news.samsung.com/ca/one-ui-4-update-delivers-an-elevated-mobile-experience-centered-around-y...
0 Likes
GB007
Active Level 1
Galaxy S
Do we know if the update schedule for December 6th, will make esim available on Canadian s21 series?
0 Likes
Asem
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I'm very hopeful that the update will actually enable eSim on the device 🙏.. this has been my single biggest issue with Samsung phones to date.