Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Issue after recent update to S21

(Topic created on: 12-30-2021 12:30 PM)
Members_3qT1qLS
Active Level 1
Options
Galaxy S

My S21 did some updates yesterday and now, when my Blue Light filter app is enabled, it prevents me doing anything on the screen. I restarted several times, and finally managed to remove the app, and the issue was resolved.  I tried a different app today, and the same thing happened.

Is anyone else having a problem like this?

Version: G991BXXS3BULC / G991BOXM3BUKG / G991BXXU3BUKG

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there, thanks for the additional information. 

I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Note: Error reports are best sent within 22-3 minutes of an issue occurring to increase the likelihood of log data capturing the issue.

View solution in context

6 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Good afteroon members, that's odd. Try going into:

Settings > Apps > More options > Special access > Toggle off 'Appear on top' to see if that helps.

0 Likes
Galaxy S

Thanks Laura, but apart from the fact that (I assume) an app like this needs to 'Appear on Top' to function, since I posted this question, I've found an alternative one that doesn't seem to be causing any problems -- and it does have 'Appear on top" *enabled*

0 Likes
Galaxy S
Were you using a 3rd party app when the issues started after the update?
It's possible the dev hasn't updated it to support Android 12.

Have you tried using Samsungs own built-in tool, Eye Comfort Shield?
0 Likes
Galaxy S

Thanks Dolgogi, I found an app that does what I wanted, but not before trying several others, that were having the same issue.

I didn't know Samsung had a built-in app, I'll check for that and see how it compares, thanks for the tip 👍

Solution
SamsungLaura
Options
Galaxy S

Hi there, thanks for the additional information. 

I suggest sending an error report via the Samsung Members app for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

Note: Error reports are best sent within 22-3 minutes of an issue occurring to increase the likelihood of log data capturing the issue.

Galaxy S

Thanks SamsungLaura ... will do 👍

0 Likes