Original topic:

Just a thought about default apps...

(Topic created on: 12-20-2020 06:39 PM)
DunderMifflin
Beginner Level 4
Options
Galaxy S

Why does Samsung think it's okay to allow default system apps to contain ads. Seriously... an ad on the default system weather app? Was the markup on my Galaxy S20 Ultra not enough for you guys? 

It really degrades the value of your product to see these ads constantly shoe horned in to things that you can't disable...

Just thought I'd vent. I know this won't do anything to change Samsung's mind.
9 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

I just shake my head when one of Samsung's moderators says,

"Samsung is committed to providing the best possible mobile experiences and product quality continues to be one of our top priorities.".

That's a scripted response to a truly offensive practice of inserting unwanted advertising in system apps!

The justification of, "ads are there so Samsung can offer superior service" is nonsense. Samsung's profit for the 3rd quarter 2020 was $77,982,211,944.00 CAD.

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-electronics-announces-third-quarter-2020-results#:~:text=Exp....

JohnH
Active Level 9
Galaxy S
Its absolutely unacceptable and has lost them a customer, and many future customers. My next phone will be an iPhone, and I will no longer recommend samsung products to friends and family.

This very issue is trending on reddit as well. Its full of samsung users saying they're no longer buying devices.

that post has 200 comments and has been seen thousands of times. I hope that the ads were worth tarnishing your reputation and flushing the quality of your phones down the drain sammy!
rusteez
Beginner Level 3
Galaxy S
I agree. this is ridiculous seeing ads on Samsung's weather app!
rad
Active Level 5
Galaxy S
Couldn't agree more.
I been buying Samsung for so long and thanks to the ads the s20 ultra will be last one.
Galaxy S
the weather app was slick to be honest before the update. now it just looks like one of those third party who are just hungry for money.
Albatal
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Totally agree
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Galaxy S
Been using google weather app ever since.
TBone
Expert Level 1
Galaxy S
I makes samsung products and services feel cheaper in quality to have these ads every where.
0 Likes
yt8rt
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
i haven't seen this, is it only on newer phones? (mine is an S6)
0 Likes