Original topic:

Latest update ruined how DND mode worked

(Topic created on: 01-18-2023 08:25 PM)
D15gruntl3d
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S
Had everything working fine, do not disturb (DND) would turn on just fine with the old bedtime mode, in the morning it would turn off automatically, allow my alarms to function, etc...

along comes oneui 5 and introduces "modes", and the system doesn't even work properly. I've been late for work 3 times because my phone decided to just not come out of DND and sleep mode in the morning, even though I had specific times set. Other times if I wanted to stay up later, I would deactivate the mode, and afterwards to make sure that it actually worked, I would have to go into the settings, delete the mode and reset it to ensure that it would actually wake me up, turning off the wake up alarm on days I wanted to sleep in would either make sleep mode not disengage, even after the preset time passed or it would override my other alarms that I had set and I wouldn't wake up when I needed to. 

I've even had it not go into sleep mode when the preset time came and my phone would go off in the middle of the night and wake me up becaise it turns out, everything was still running. Bring back the old bedtime mode. sleep mode is hot garbage.
0 Likes
6 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Galaxy S

Works exactly the same as on One UI V4.1 on my S20 Ultra One UI V5.0. 

Check to see if you have any apps set up to Ignore DND. 

My DND works perfectly, turns on & off at exactly the set times.

Screenshot_20230118_234112.jpg

Screenshot_20230118_234352.jpg

If you didn't Factory Reset after the One UI V5.0 update, then do that. Backup with Smart Switch FIRST ⚠️ 

MoeElnono
Active Level 4
Galaxy S
Im having the same problem, the "sleep Mode" has mi d of its own. For a different reason, I had to perform factory reset, but the mode still not reliable
0 Likes
maxfield034
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

It looks like 

Bedtime mode moved to Bixby Routines

You can now manage Bedtime mode in Bixby Routines instead of Clock. Bixby Routines lets you automate more actions when it’s time for bed, like turning on Do not disturb or changing other settings on your phone.

Choose modes based on your activity

Choose a mode based on what you’re doing, such as exercising, studying, or working, then choose what you want your phone to do in each situation. For example, turn on Do not disturb when you’re going to bed or play music when you’re exercising.

0 Likes
D15gruntl3d
Beginner Level 2
Galaxy S
yes and it's still **bleep** up: see OP
0 Likes
maxfield034
Active Level 4
Galaxy S

Update:

Or you could Reset System Settings (not factory reset). May be this can fix your issue.

0 Likes
Nylah
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, we recommend you to back up and factory reset the device and check again.

Please visit the links given below and follow the steps to perform backup and factory reset.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/how-to-transfer-and-backup-data-using-smart-switch...

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/mobile-devices/galaxy-phone-perform-a-factory-reset/

0 Likes