Original topic:

Leave Bixby Function

(Topic created on: 06-29-2021 05:51 PM)
Kirbymail
Active Level 3
Options
Galaxy S
After months of anger and frustration directed at this godforsaken piece of shite shoved down my throat app, I was pleased when the Leave Bixby feature was available. So I left Bixby as fast as possible. I was told that it was no longer available. YAY! So you can imagine my sadness and disappointment when, 2 days later its back. Popping up repeatedly while I'm busy with something and generally making my life hell. So I left Bixby again. And again. And again, and over and over ot keeps coming back. Why? WTF? It's maddening. So what,...you don't actually leave Bixby you just have a time out briefly?  Maddening nonsense. I'm shopping for phone upgrades now and Samsung is not my.top choice anymore. This might very well be my last. Had it up to here with Samsung junk. 

SM-G960W
5 Comments
Georgine
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, please follow the below steps.

From the Bixby screen, tap the Settings icon. Tap the Off switch to disable the Bixby key functionality.  Alternatively, navigate: Menu icon > Settings > Bixby key then tap Don't open anything.

0 Likes
Kirbymail
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
I don't have an off switch that I can see. All I have is open Bixby with single press double press. No off, or don't open anything option.
0 Likes
Valeriya
Options
Galaxy S

Hi, I suggest you re-map Bixby. You can remap the Bixby key to open any app of your choice or run a quick command. Open Bixby Assistant Home by pressing the Bixby key.

Then, tap Menu (the three horizontal lines), and then tap the name of your desired device.

Tap Settings, tap the Bixby key, and then select an option.

You can use a single or double press to open Bixby.

If you choose to open Bixby with a single press, you can double press the Bixby key to open another app or run a quick command - and vice versa.

For example, tap Double press to open Bixby, and then tap Use single press.

Tap the switch, and choose what app to open or what quick command to run when you single press the Bixby key.

Note: This function may be turned off when you reset Bixby or deactivate the chosen app or quick command.

0 Likes
Kirbymail
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
@valeriya You would THINK that would be a great solution and remapping the Bixby key has been tried. - I'm sure over 100 times, and it works, for an hour or two then Bixby roars back to life usually at max volume and at the most inopportune times. Every. Single. Day. This has completely ruined my experience with this phone. I'm going to assume this is a Canada issue and it probably works just fine everywhere else. Unfortunately I have to divorce Samsung and move on. We had a good run but constant, escalating bombardment with mandatory unremovable bloatware and the fact that they no longer seem customer focused or care to listen to feedback has completely turned me off. Too bad, the Galaxy has been an amazing device that I've used for well over 10 years. But with S9 they seemed to hit their peak and subsequent models realistically don't offer much more in the way of new features or show any growth in technology or creativity. So I am moving in a new direction and a life without Bixby.

#bixby #samsung #Galaxy s9 #bloatware #pissedoff

LKinney
Beginner Level 4
Galaxy S

I have the same problem,  and Bixby is RELENTLESS. 

Recently,  it has become DANGEROUS.  I am out of town on a work trip and using Google maps in my rental car to get around.  Bixby was popping up NON STOP over my maps so was having to fight it just to see my map.  I missed at least one exit but more than that it made it almost impossible to drive.

It needs to be easy to shut off and/or remove.   Remapping is a joke - I don't want ANYTHING to auto launch.

This thing resets itself all the time.

Fix this nuisance.