Original topic:

Locked Out of my phone!

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 06:59 AM)
S21UltraUser
Beginner Level 2
Options
Galaxy S

Hi All,

Purchased a S21 Ultra through Starhub yesterday evening using a trade-in offer.

The tech person there used smart switch to transfer all data from my old s10+ to the new phone.

I only setup the Face Recognition and none other - password, pattern, pin

The phone had android system updates and asked to install and reboot. Now, it is asking for some password which i have not set! 

what do i do? Dont want to lose the data. please assist urgently

2 Comments
ccollin
Active Level 3
Galaxy S
Hi S21UltraUser, by right, when you set up face recognition on your phone, you will need to set up a password/pattern/pin first, for extra security. Can you recall the password that you have set? Maybe in your previous phone? If you really cannot recall any passwords used, try using the Samsung Find My Mobile service to remove the passcode for your device. (If you have already set up Find My Mobile on your device)
0 Likes
SamsungNantakkumar
Options
Galaxy S

Hello S21UltraUser. I am Faiz, from Samsung.

We're sorry for the experience. Kindly be informed that the Unlock My screen feature on Find My Mobile allows you to remove the phone lock screen settings remotely if you have set up your Samsung account on the device. When you enable this feature, your biometric data, such as your fingerprints and irises, will also be deleted from the device.

Note: To unlock devices with Android P or later, you must turn on Remote unlock in advance from the device setting menu (Settings >> Lock Screen and Security >> Find My Mobile >> Remote Controls)

Below are the steps you can try:
1. Access Find My Mobile service
https://findmymobile.samsung.com

2. Sign in using your Samsung account ID and password.

3. In Find My Mobile, select Unlock on the right panel.

4. Select Unlock >> Enter your Samsung password to confirm.

However, if the remote control function was not enabled previously and you are unable to use the Find My Mobile function to unlock your mobile device, please bring the device together with the proof of purchase to our Samsung Service Centre for further assistance. Please take note that data stored on your device will be erased in order to reset the phone lock.

Thank you.

0 Likes